Bobbygeorge100

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep jl sport s
To all of my fellow JL owners
I have found the solution to sloppy steering and wandering on highways. It’s simple. I used a turkey baster to take all of the oem fluid out and added Lucas power steering fluid in and it made a huge difference. I tried everything like changing my gearbox, sector shaft brace, tierod, draglink, track bar and none of them worked as good as just changing out my power steering fluid. Sounds too good to be true but it really helps.
If you have a sector shaft brace Then greasing really helps too

View attachment 521635
It doesn’t squeal either

GTVENOM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
What year is your Wrangler?

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
To all of my fellow JL owners
I have found the solution to sloppy steering and wandering on highways. It’s simple. I used a turkey baster to take all of the oem fluid out and added Lucas power steering fluid in and it made a huge difference. I tried everything like changing my gearbox, sector shaft brace, tierod, draglink, track bar and none of them worked as good as just changing out my power steering fluid. Sounds too good to be true but it really helps.
If you have a sector shaft brace Then greasing really helps too

View attachment 521635
I'd be very careful ...... is that approved for electric power steering pumps? My thought is it could void your warranty, or ruin your pump.... How long have you run with that in there?

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Get that out of your vehicle, right now. Contacted Lucas Oil, here is the response:

No unfortunately our power steering stop leak is not compatible with electronic power steering systems. Sorry but at the moment we do not make anything for these type of systems.
Sponsored