Parkers39

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Jeep added the "soft top window storage bag" to the build-a-jeep feature. Does anyone have a photo of what the bag looks like? I was planning on getting the Rightline bag, but now I'm wondering if there's a nicer, jeep-branded bag I could get instead.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Let me add some color commentary to this.

Assuming you want it, good luck ordering it at purchase--here's why.

The Jeep Ordering system, at least as of last week in this time, prevented my dealer from ordering the bag if the customer ordered any configuration that included a soft top.

I know--sounds crazy. Like not being able to buy bread at the same time as you buy peanut butter and jelly.

So I contacted FCA--who after 30 minutes of my trying to explain that I wasn't buying a Cherokee, then offered stupid suggestions like check the ordering system frequently, options are always changing.

So I escalated, and the FCA manager said--can't be. You'd think she'd check her own ordering system first. Instead, she calls my dealer--Koons in VA: probably the top mover of JLs in the country (so they know their business), while I wait, and gets back to me and says, "you're right."

Her manager is doing the necessary things to make sure I can get the very bag you're not sure you want.

Sigh.

OP
OP
Parkers39

Parkers39

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

The Jeep Ordering system, at least as of last week in this time, prevented my dealer from ordering the bag if the customer ordered any configuration that included a soft top.

I know--sounds crazy. Like not being able to buy bread at the same time as you buy peanut butter and jelly.

So I contacted FCA--who after 30 minutes of my trying to explain that I wasn't buying a Cherokee, then offered stupid suggestions like check the ordering system frequently, options are always changing.

So I escalated, and the FCA manager said--can't be. You'd think she'd check her own ordering system first. Instead, she calls my dealer--Koons in VA: probably the top mover of JLs in the country (so they know their business), while I wait, and gets back to me and says, "you're right."

Her manager is doing the necessary things to make sure I can get the very bag you're not sure you want.

Sigh.
That's insane about the ordering. I wonder if they are short on inventory and are trying to avoid sell-through on them? Who knows.

So do you know what it's going to look like? is it a flat bag, a cylindrical bag, or a box-shaped bag? I've seen all three configurations. I really like those cylindrical bags you can clip to roll bars and headrests because they take up the least amount of space in the trunk area. Flat bags and box bags, to my mind, are simply a nicer-looking solution to the ol' "stack of towels" method people have used for ages.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Interested to see the window bags, too, as the windows are vastly different and can’t really be rolled-up due to the new mounting system.

BTW: there is still Velcro on the windows!

That's insane about the ordering. I wonder if they are short on inventory and are trying to avoid sell-through on them? Who knows.

So do you know what it's going to look like? is it a flat bag, a cylindrical bag, or a box-shaped bag? I've seen all three configurations. I really like those cylindrical bags you can clip to roll bars and headrests because they take up the least amount of space in the trunk area. Flat bags and box bags, to my mind, are simply a nicer-looking solution to the ol' "stack of towels" method people have used for ages.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Parkers39

Parkers39

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Interested to see the window bags, too, as the windows are vastly different and can’t really be rolled-up due to the new mounting system.

BTW: there is still Velcro on the windows!
There is some Velcro under the roof flaps to keep water from getting in. Otherwise, there's none.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
More likely just short on IQ points.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I chatted w/ Jeep today about this and they couldn't help. They gave me the link to send an email to Mopar customer service.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sadly Parker, I have no 411 on the bag itself. I was attracted to its purchase because I've read here that the plastic windows can scratch easily and I wanted to protect them when disassembled from the soft top.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I chatted w/ Jeep today about this and they couldn't help. They gave me the link to send an email to Mopar customer service.
James: was your problem your inability, independent of vehicle purchase, to order this item from Mopar (product code CWJ, MSRP $75, Invoice a.k.a. FWP factory wholesale price $67) or like me, order it at the time of vehicle purchase from the FCA ordering system the dealers use, when you also selected a top option that included a soft top (e.g. basic soft top, premium tan soft top, premium black soft top, or dual top)??

Your profile suggests that you've already put your JL order in.

Sponsored

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Are you sure that the bags aren't for the removable hard windows from the power top option?

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

Sigh.
I too had this same problem. Craig @ Koons says it is a glitch when you order the dual top option. You would think that they would have fixed this glitch by now since it affects any potential additional revenue.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Are you sure that the bags aren't for the removable hard windows from the power top option?
Don't get me wrong Michael--your question is a perfectly reasonable one to ask, but yes, I'm pretty darn sure that I am not conflating the hard top Freedom panel bags that are suppose to come with the Hard Top, with Dealer Option code CWJ "Soft Top Window Storage Bag."

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I too had this same problem. Craig @ Koons says it is a glitch when you order the dual top option. You would think that they would have fixed this glitch by now since it affects any potential additional revenue.
Is this it--just Dual Top? I was lead to believe uudog that any order that included a soft top, ironically precluded the simultaneous ordering of the bag to protect it, regardless of which of the 4 ways said top could be ordered: a) Dual, b) basic, c) premium black, d) premium tan.

I, like you, was a dual top order.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I noticed Jeep added the "soft top window storage bag" to the build-a-jeep feature. Does anyone have a photo of what the bag looks like? I was planning on getting the Rightline bag, but now I'm wondering if there's a nicer, jeep-branded bag I could get instead.

Capture.PNG
I neglected to order the storage bag when placing my original purchase order. When I picked up the Jeep yesterday, I asked the parts guys about the storage bag, but they had no idea it even existed.

I had the premium top down yesterday - see thread here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-red-wrangler-jl-club.1752/page-12#post-89087

Based on my experience with the premium top, I don't see how one would want to try and/or attempt to roll up the plastic windows. They are very stiff and it seems like they would crease. So, I laid them down flat on my dining room table. IMO, any storage bag for the premium top will have to allow them to stack like pancakes.
Sponsored