Sponsored

Jeep JL Ecodeisel Tie rod end STUCK. Help please.

Sledge1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodeisel Overlander With RTT
Help!

i am putting in a clayton 3.5 inch lift with currie lynch steering stabilizer.

Drivers side tie rod is way stuck. Nut came iff easy Tried pickle fork. Tie rod end Puller. No movement at all. I am starting to wonder if this is some how screwed in unlike any other part on the jeep.
Next I am thinking about cutting the bottom and drilling. Any ideas?

8DB64B9A-6027-459A-AF19-C48CCF08203B.jpeg

32B968E6-8E12-416D-94EF-CA0015BDA766.jpeg

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Would it be safe to put a torch on it? Watched a video the other day and they just used the pickle fork.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
A pickle fork worked for me. This joint was by far the most difficult of the four involved in my tie rod/drag link install. I hammered the pickle fork on as far as I could, then hit downward on the arm of the fork. I was pretty sure I was destroying the boot, so I knew I had to get it separated. It was the third or fourth heavy hit that finally broke it free. I was probably also using my mini sledge hammer.

OP
OP

Sledge1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks I will try some more with the pickle fork. I suck when it comes to slinging a sledge. My wife was laughing her ass off. I was have died fast as a viking.
Worried about a torch. Will it damage the vehicle side housing somehow?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks I will try some more with the pickle fork. I suck when it comes to slinging a sledge. My wife was laughing her ass off. I was have died fast as a viking.
Worried about a torch. Will it damage the vehicle side housing somehow?
Honestly, I’ve never tried a torch to remove anything. Have no idea if it would be safe to do or not. Was thinking:
a) it was a good idea or
b) your thread would pop to the top and somebody with experience would comment :)

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Have you considered pulling the pitman arm so you can work with it out of the vehicle?

OP
OP

Sledge1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant. Simple and smart. Duh. Should thought of pulling the pittmarm. Think I was target fixated. Heading to the autostore to get a 1 3/4 to pull the pitman arm. I think that is the right size. Anyone confirm.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Brilliant. Simple and smart. Duh. Should thought of pulling the pittmarm. Think I was target fixated. Heading to the autostore to get a 1 3/4 to pull the pitman arm. I think that is the right size. Anyone confirm.
The Metalcloak Sector Shaft Brace instructions show it as a 42mm.

EDIT: matches Synergy's instructions, 42mm.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
What am I missing? Isn't that the drag link that's stuck to the pitman arm? If so I used the below ball joint separator to get it to release. When it did it was the most satisfying sound ever (loud as hell).

HF Ball Joint Separator
I also had to use this when I did my Maximus-3 install. I did break the head of the bolt in the process, but the lift was supplying a full new draglink. I recommend test fitting and grinding out the “fork” part if needed to get around the bolt to avoid breaking off the head of the bolt.

Reactions: KNN

Sponsored