Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
@NewJLU2019 Curtis, as you can see, the Jeep Haus is done! We still need shell or crushed asphalt for the driveway. Since you’ve been asking about it for about two years, here you go! 😁

C2AD5C7C-9C97-45FB-9EFF-3966D8FB9DE6.jpeg
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Nice. Not having the sun beating down on your vehicles, especially this far south, is important. Also keeps all the crap that falls off of the trees off the Jeeps. And you don't have to worry as much about hail (unless it's falling at an angle).

Any plans for further improvement as time goes by? Concrete slab or may enclosing it?

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Not having the sun beating down on your vehicles, especially this far south, is important. Also keeps all the crap that falls off of the trees off the Jeeps. And you don't have to worry as much about hail (unless it's falling at an angle).

Any plans for further improvement as time goes by? Concrete slab or may enclosing it?
Sir, it’s on a concrete slab. I do plan on adding 2x6s to three sides, and possibly enclosing those three sides over time. Next step though is to install a Ring camera and motion-activated lights. The solar panels are already installed on the roof; I just have to install the hardware, probably tomorrow.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
AH, I see now. Gotta zoom, looked like a caliche pad. Crushed oyster shell mixed with the crushed asphalt would make a nice, long lasting base. Can you get crushed granite in your area?

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but Florida can get tropical force winds once in a while. That looks like it might be sketchy in high winds.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
AH, I see now. Gotta zoom, looked like a caliche pad. Crushed oyster shell mixed with the crushed asphalt would make a nice, long lasting base. Can you get crushed granite in your area?
Cannot get crushed granite here for a reasonable price. It has to come from out of state.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but Florida can get tropical force winds once in a while. That looks like it might be sketchy in high winds.
I’ve built three pole barns in this neighborhood. All have withstood hurricanes and tropical storms with zero damage. This structure FAR exceeds my building methods, and is rated up to a Cat Three. At any rate, insurance will pay for damage. I do appreciate your concern!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. If you dont daily drive the jeeps id enclose the structure to keep rats out.
They’re pretty much daily-driven. Rats are a problem, but the Catahoulas are rat killers, and this part of the property has little rat activity. Driving them a few times a week is the best deterrent to rats, we have found. Enclosing a structure does nothing to keep rats out, unless it is hermetically sealed - which is impossible.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
This is in the concrete slab 🙂

27FA6305-DA72-44DB-A081-D9A219EAD555.jpeg

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I’ve built three pole barns in this neighborhood. All have withstood hurricanes and tropical storms with zero damage. This structure FAR exceeds my building methods, and Is rated up to a Cat Three. At any rate, insurance will pay for damage. I do appreciate your concern!

That's good then.

Hey I also live in the SRQ area- and getting a 392 built, but delivery date is nowhere in sight.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
That's good then.

Hey I also live in the SRQ area- and getting a 392 built, but delivery date is nowhere in sight.
We have to link up then; send me a PM!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@NewJLU2019 Curtis, as you can see, the Jeep Haus is done! We still need shell or crushed asphalt for the driveway. Since you’ve been asking about it for about two years, here you go! 😁

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Haus 27FA6305-DA72-44DB-A081-D9A219EAD555
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::involve::involve::involve::involve::involve::involve::involve::involve::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::handsinair::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Next step though is to install a Ring camera and motion-activated lights.
Money well-spent by us for both items.

The Ring camera in particular has paid dividends, in terms of (a) allowing my wife to monitor the neighborhood cats that walk across our porch overnight, and (b) allowing me to monitor the slow decline in the quality of UPS and FedEx drivers. If or when their careless package handling ever causes quantifiable damage, I'll have a 1080p video to share with the Claims Dept.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Money well-spent by us for both items.

The Ring camera in particular has paid dividends, in terms of (a) allowing my wife to monitor the neighborhood cats that walk across our porch overnight, and (b) allowing me to monitor the slow decline in the quality of UPS and FedEx drivers. If or when their careless package handling ever causes quantifiable damage, I'll have a 1080p video to share with the Claims Dept.
Indeed, James! We’ve had one on our front gate for a few years now. We have video of everything from hilarious delivery people doing funny and stupid crap, to a turkey flying over the gate, deer hanging out in front of the camera, and other wildlife. It’s a good 100 feet to the camera from the wifi router inside the house. I’m amazed by the range! We also have a solar panel at the gate for that camera, which keeps it charged very well in spite of all of the live oaks growing between it and a clear view of the sky.

I got the camera, lights, and solar panels installed on the Jeep Haus this evening. Here’s a photo; I still have to pressure-wash the slab, and the Jeeps are in need of a good bath. We feel great relief having them under cover; now we don’t have to worry about damage due to falling oak branches!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Haus 9E22587D-9D06-4B7C-AE25-608FDD9362A2
Sponsored