Sponsored

JCR Jl Front Bumper Installation Tips

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
We have a full install video coming soon, but for now here are some tips on installing our JL front bumpers AND wiring LED lights.

Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I'm glad your going to come out with a full install video, all of your videos are great this one is not.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I'm glad your going to come out with a full install video, all of your videos are great this one is not.
It's not meant to be a full install video, but it IS meant to cover the head-scratchers when installing our JL bumper. I just didn't want to leave people hanging in the interim and a video like this takes minutes to make. ~Daryl

Bigjake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip video. It came in handy this weekend when my crusader finally arrived.
It's not meant to be a full install video, but it IS meant to cover the head-scratchers when installing our JL bumper. I just didn't want to leave people hanging in the interim and a video like this takes minutes to make. ~Daryl
I thought the video was good for its intended purpose. It helped me out a ton on the install this weekend. Loosening the support brackets was the best advice I could get after almost 30 minutes trying to get the bumper to fit the misaligned holes before I found the tips video. Love the look of the new bumper. Now just need you guys to make a rear bumper without the sensor holes so I can complete the look.

B269A938-7718-4097-A526-2FF8DE5BB945.jpeg

092F42FC-9355-4138-AFB8-F111C3A1EE0C.jpeg

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Thanks for the tip video. It came in handy this weekend when my crusader finally arrived.

I thought the video was good for its intended purpose. It helped me out a ton on the install this weekend. Loosening the support brackets was the best advice I could get after almost 30 minutes trying to get the bumper to fit the misaligned holes before I found the tips video. Love the look of the new bumper. Now just need you guys to make a rear bumper without the sensor holes so I can complete the look.

I have seriously been considering getting this bumper but hadnt seen anyone install it yet... Even better that your Jeep is the same color as mine.

That bumper looks awesome and I have a few questions. How easy was it to install? Was it very heavy? Would it be possible to install a winch later or would the bumper need to be taken off first? And if you hooked up the factory harness to the leds how hard was it?

I know its a bunch of questions but I appreciate it! Thanks!

Sponsored

Bigjake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The install wasn’t too hard but did take some time, about 6 hours total for the bumper and winch. Most of the time was because I got stuck in two places. 1st was the fit of the bumper due to the support brackets. I ended up taking all 3 brackets off, put the bumper on, then add back the support brackets, then the nuts to hold the bumper. Once I learned that trick from the install video the bumper fit perfect.

The other road block I hit was wiring the LED cubes. I bought an adaptor so that I didn’t have to splice the wires into the factor harness. However it took me about an hour to figure out the polarity was reversed on the light. It was a quick and easy fix. The other time consuming part was getting the factory harness out of the plastic bumper. Just a ton of screws and taking some wire snips to cut all the tie down points inside a small space.

For the weight, it is heavy but I installed it by myself without issue. However I may not be a good comparison since I’m a bigger guy.

For the winch, you can install after. You will just have to remove the skid plate (4 bolts) to get to the mount for the winch. I installed the winch after the bumper so no need to remove the entire bumper.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help out

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer

Bumper looks awesome on your JL. Thanks for the insights, and that is exactly what I was hoping to do with that video :like:

~Daryl

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
The install wasn’t too hard but did take some time, about 6 hours total for the bumper and winch. Most of the time was because I got stuck in two places. 1st was the fit of the bumper due to the support brackets. I ended up taking all 3 brackets off, put the bumper on, then add back the support brackets, then the nuts to hold the bumper. Once I learned that trick from the install video the bumper fit perfect.

The other road block I hit was wiring the LED cubes. I bought an adaptor so that I didn’t have to splice the wires into the factor harness. However it took me about an hour to figure out the polarity was reversed on the light. It was a quick and easy fix. The other time consuming part was getting the factory harness out of the plastic bumper. Just a ton of screws and taking some wire snips to cut all the tie down points inside a small space.

For the weight, it is heavy but I installed it by myself without issue. However I may not be a good comparison since I’m a bigger guy.

For the winch, you can install after. You will just have to remove the skid plate (4 bolts) to get to the mount for the winch. I installed the winch after the bumper so no need to remove the entire bumper.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help out
Thanks for the reply. I think this may be the one I end up going with. The website is showing 65 lbs which is a lot better than most (a lot are 100+). Which adapter did you use for wiring the lights. I have the halogen fogs but am unsure if the connector is the same. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to hit you up!:like:

Bigjake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I think this may be the one I end up going with. The website is showing 65 lbs which is a lot better than most (a lot are 100+). Which adapter did you use for wiring the lights. I have the halogen fogs but am unsure if the connector is the same. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to hit you up!:like:
Here is the link to the adaptor. I doubt the connectors are the same on the halogen as the LED bulbs. You can google for the adoaptors if you can figure out the connection type. Most LED cubes have the Deutsch connector.

Fog Light Wiring Adapters H16 to Deutsch Set - Fits 2504, 5202, 9009 and PSX24W Bulb Connectors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012U227KG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
We have a full install video coming soon, but for now here are some tips on installing our JL front bumpers AND wiring LED lights.

Do you guys have discunts avail for first responder or forum members, I was looking at the stubby crusader bumper for my sport jl. Since it looks so nice and I can run it without a winch.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer