Sponsored

Issues With Soft Top Windows

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I just got the premium twill soft top and I am having issues with one of the rear windows. I cannot seem to get it to stay snapped in on the rear corner. I have tried putting in the corner first then putting in the flaps on the bottom and front but it pops it back out. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to get this to work before I just say screw it and send it back? Thanks for the advise.
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Hi, it can be tricky especially the first few times you put the new softop on etc eventually it will stretch out and be much easier, I did the same thing by putting the corner in first then working your way forward, I would suggest letting it sit a bit in the sun to see if the helps some

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are sitting in the house atm. Not much warm sun around atm. I think it gets up into the high 70s on Thurs. My wife did sit in the Jeep for about 20min with a hairdryer trying to get it to warm up while I tried to pull and stretch. Didnt help sadly.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Is the plastic strip that gets popped under the rail in the way? Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what you mean but nothing is getting in the way. It I pop the back in first then try the front the back pops out.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Not sure what you mean but nothing is getting in the way. It I pop the back in first then try the front the back pops out.
So on the edges of the windows there is the plastic thing you flip under the rails. There’s a little single one right by the pillar.

Also, does it happen if you wait to do the front of the side windows until you secure either side of the rear?

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It did it no matter what I tried. I tried the back first and the front first. If I do the back it will snap in but as soon as I do the front it pops out the back

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I just got the premium twill soft top and I am having issues with one of the rear windows. I cannot seem to get it to stay snapped in on the rear corner. I have tried putting in the corner first then putting in the flaps on the bottom and front but it pops it back out. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to get this to work before I just say screw it and send it back? Thanks for the advise.
I have the sail cloth soft top and the rear corner on the drivers side doesn't snap in fully like the passenger side does, however it doesn't pop out either. Once you get the rear window on its all secure anyway. Unless its popping out on you before you can get the rear window in.

A helpful trick I saw here on the forum, release the front clips by the windshield of the top, before you put the windows back in. It lets up just enough slack to make it much easier.

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried popping the top up yesterday. Didn’t help lol. However, like others said on here, I am going to try to put them in the sun. I read another thread that said it needs to be 72 or warmer when installing. Yesterday it was in the 50s. So they are sitting in the house right now. If that doesn’t help, I will leave them out tomorrow as it’s supposed to be 75.

Sponsored

RRJL_Jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler (soon)
OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I checked that area about the flap and mine was tucked where it should have been. Since they were sitting in the house all day I figured Id give it another go. It stayed better but I do not think its 100% clipped in there like it should be. It looks almost as if its slightly off centered and slighting diagonal where it the bottom corner would hook it. It does seem to stay in place when the back window is installed. I figure Ill put it outside in the sun tomorrow when its supposed to be 77 degrees then pop the back window off and see if I can get it to pull a bit more to go straight in. Unless someone chimes in and says that pretty much none of them are perfectly straight in that is lol.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I tried popping the top up yesterday. Didn’t help lol. However, like others said on here, I am going to try to put them in the sun.

I read another thread that said it needs to be 72 or warmer when installing.
There are small tabs located on the top and the bottom of the window panels' built-in vertical stiffener pieces. The tabs do need to be mated correctly to their corresponding connections on the soft top and the vehicle body. These connections aren't immediately intuitive, so be sure to eyeball each to ensure correct seating. Afterwards, you can proceed to tucking the plastic tabs in as necessary.

Note also that the ambient temperature shouldn't adversely affect window removal or installation. That's been my experience when the mercury is at least 50°F or so.

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as I can tell the top is in correctly. The bottom however is having the issue getting the tab to lock or even reach properly

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
When mine was new the bottom tabs didn’t always want to pop in fully easily. I’d have to make sure the top was locked in properly then give the bottom corner a good smack. Everything does have to be aligned correctly. I found for me it was easier to put it on the top track, snap the corner into place, then finish tucking the sides and bottom into the rail. Then give the bottom corner one more good push. I do think the heat can help it stretch out a bit so so try and let it sit out a bit. Good luck!
Sponsored