Issue with mopar premium soft top

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
I installed the mopar 4dr premium soft top. All seamed fine until I tried to close it. I cannot get it to close down to latch it to the front.

Anyone had a similar issue on first install?
The weather was cool 48F.

20190420_183851.jpg
Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Had the same here as well in cool weather.. I just kept pulling until I finally got it latched. It wasn't fun by myself. Once it get's latched it will stretch and be ok the next time after you leave it for a while.

OP
OP
SouthLeb

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
Had the same here as well in cool weather.. I just kept pulling until I finally got it latched. It wasn't fun by myself. Once it get's latched it will stretch and be ok the next time after you leave it for a while.
Thanks. I will keep trying

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You could have someone help by pushing lightly on the rear bow of the top, while you try to latch it.

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Also mess with the latches they reach quite a bit more than the jk.

Sponsored

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue when I installed mine. It was in the low 40’s, had to push hard to get the hook to latch in, but once it was in I left it for a few days and stretched out. Now it hooks right in when I close it. The bigger pita was the windows, getting them to stretch in to place.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, the latch can actually pivot a lot more than you may think. Try messing with the smaller latch inside the big one a bit. Sometimes you can pivot the smaller one into position while pressing forward on the top a bit.

But yea, like others have said, once you latch it the first time, give it a day or two to stretch and you'll never have the problem again.