Issue after installing Sector Shaft Brace

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
A couple days ago I installed the Synergy Mfg Sector Shaft Brace. Installation went as planned and afterwards by steering wheel was off-center. I recentered it using the drag link adjustment but now I’m having the “Service Electronic Stability Control” error.

I’ve driven it a couple hundred miles and it hasn’t gone away on its own. I also pulled and cleared the codes but they popped back up.

The codes are:
U0432
Invalid Data Received From Multi - Axis Acceleration Sensor Module
U0418
Invalid Data Received From Brake System Control Module

U0010
Medium Speed CAN Communication Bus

They all seem to have to do with the wheel sensor. I reached in and checked the harness connection and it still seems solid. Am I missing something here? Anyone have any insights? It is driving normal.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
A couple days ago I installed the Synergy Mfg Sector Shaft Brace. Installation went as planned and afterwards by steering wheel was off-center. I recentered it using the drag link adjustment but now I’m having the “Service Electronic Stability Control” error.

I’ve driven it a couple hundred miles and it hasn’t gone away on its own. I also pulled and cleared the codes but they popped back up.

The codes are:
U0432
U0418

U0010

They all seem to have to do with the wheel sensor. I reached in and checked the harness connection and it still seems solid. Am I missing something here? Anyone have any insights? It is driving normal.
What are you using to reset the codes?

Sponsored

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I just had these same codes pop up. I tried to clear them with the Tazer, but it won't clear them. How do you perform the reset mentioned above?

OP
OP
Jgeiken

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just had these same codes pop up. I tried to clear them with the Tazer, but it won't clear them. How do you perform the reset mentioned above?
So I ended up resetting everything to stock and then going through and doing the tire size, etc again. After that I did the abs initialization and it cleared it out.

Sponsored

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
All is good now. After centering the steering wheel I went for a 10 mile drive to get my mail and just before I got home the light went out on it's own. I used the Tazer to check for codes and there were none. Never thought the steering wheel being off-center for such a short time, (4 mile drive), could cause something like this. Really makes me miss my CJ7 at times.

Reactions: D60

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL

The codes are:
U0432
U0418

U0010

Found new problem with this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace, when turning wheels to left and slightly reverse there is a clicking sounds also when running around 55 miles steering start to vibrate what is causing this issue? Check everything is tight and torque specs right and still a problem please help thanks.

OP
OP
Jgeiken

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Found new problem with this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace, when turning wheels to left and slightly reverse there is a clicking sounds also when running around 55 miles steering start to vibrate what is causing this issue? Check everything is tight and torque specs right and still a problem please help thanks.
Could it be a wheel balance issue? I was getting similar vibration and took my wheels in to get rebalanced and that fixed it.
Sponsored