Sponsored

Synergy sector shaft brace

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I did a search, but couldn’t find a specific thread on this. If there is one, feel free to drop a link and I can continue there.

‘Has anyone installed this and have any comments on it? I have a first production run JL (November/December 2017 build date). I have always had vagueness on center, and a darty feel on the highway. It hasn’t got any worse, but now that I’m diving into suspension work I feel like trying to put some effort into alleviating it. I’ve seen some YouTube reviews on it, and first drive impressions seem to be very positive. Has anyone had any long term experience with it? I’ve read a couple reviews saying their sector shaft nut keeps coming loose from the bracket. Not sure if they’re greasing the bearing properly though (even though they claim they are). Also, how often do you need to grease the bearing? The LCA’s I have coming require regular greasing, so getting under there with a gun on a regular basis won’t be a problem, I’m just curious what frequency it requires.
Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’d bet these people did not use red lock tite or torque the nut with a torque wrench.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I did a search, but couldn’t find a specific thread on this. If there is one, feel free to drop a link and I can continue there.

‘Has anyone installed this and have any comments on it? I have a first production run JL (November/December 2017 build date). I have always had vagueness on center, and a darty feel on the highway. It hasn’t got any worse, but now that I’m diving into suspension work I feel like trying to put some effort into alleviating it. I’ve seen some YouTube reviews on it, and first drive impressions seem to be very positive. Has anyone had any long term experience with it? I’ve read a couple reviews saying their sector shaft nut keeps coming loose from the bracket. Not sure if they’re greasing the bearing properly though (even though they claim they are). Also, how often do you need to grease the bearing? The LCA’s I have coming require regular greasing, so getting under there with a gun on a regular basis won’t be a problem, I’m just curious what frequency it requires.
I've had no problems with it, I grease it every oil change (same as my control arms), running it from lock to lock while slowly putting the grease in.

OP
OP
Fuel Fire Desire

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport