First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
  • Banned
2019 jeep wrangler sports jl 4 doors v6

Just install synergy track bar and sector shaft brace yesterday and notice front axle move to right Why? Also driving 50 miles per hour steering wheels start shaking and vibrate why? What do you guys think is the problem, everything is tight and torque and grease, still a problem. How can i fix this problem please help jeepers thanks.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you reinstall the frame end of your track bar once the Jeep's tires were back on the ground and then tightened? Do you have an adjustable track bar which might have turned in/out due to a loose jam nut?

If all you did was install the brace, my first guess would be there's something wrong with your track bar: not installed/tightened correctly, the bushings are bad and by removing and reinstalling the TB it somehow caused it to act up.

The brace doesn't move out the mount at all so your front axle shouldn't have shifted.

Here's a quick way to check for bad bushings:

With someone (you trust) in the driver seat and with the ignition on but engine NOT running,, get under the front end so you can observed all of the bushing connections (tie rod ends, both track bar ends, drag link, etc). When you are ready, have the other person "saw" the steering wheel back and forth. They don't need to move it very much, in fact you don't want the wheels to even move.

What this does is put some force into all of the bushings and you'll be able to see for any abnormal movement. For the track bar, you should not see ANY movement at either of the bushings/mounts. If there is movement there, the bolts are either not torqued correctly or the bushings are bad. Either of those problems will cause a shimmy/wobble or even full blown death wobble.

Anytime I hear or feel something weird or not right with the steering/handling of my front end, I do this inspection. It can really help to identify the exact issue or at least the part(s) causing the issue.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Did you reinstall the frame end of your track bar once the Jeep's tires were back on the ground and then tightened? Do you have an adjustable track bar which might have turned in/out due to a loose jam nut?

If all you did was install the brace, my first guess would be there's something wrong with your track bar: not installed/tightened correctly, the bushings are bad and by removing and reinstalling the TB it somehow caused it to act up.

The brace doesn't move out the mount at all so your front axle shouldn't have shifted.

With someone (you trust) in the driver seat and with the ignition on but engine NOT running,, get under the front end so you can observed all of the bushing connections (tie rod ends, both track bar ends, drag link, etc). When you are ready, have the other person "saw" the steering wheel back and forth. They don't need to move it very much, in fact you don't want the wheels to even move.

What this does is put some force into all of the bushings and you'll be able to see for any abnormal movement. For the track bar, you should not see ANY movement at either of the bushings/mounts. If there is movement there, the bolts are either not torqued correctly or the bushings are bad. Either of those problems will cause a shimmy/wobble or even full blown death wobble.

Anytime I hear or feel something weird or not right with the steering/handling of my front end, I do this inspection. It can really help to identify the exact issue or at least the part(s) causing the issue.

Thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Adjust the front track bar and now axle is center, but i hope axle did not move toward front.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Adjust the front track bar and now axle is center, but i hope axle did not move toward front.
Axle won't move forward due to the track bar. The track bar is responsible for locating the axle laterally. The control arms control the fore and aft movement of the axle.

Is the vibration and shaking gone?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Axle won't move forward due to the track bar. The track bar is responsible for locating the axle laterally. The control arms control the fore and aft movement of the axle.

Is the vibration and shaking gone?
For now is all good and later thinking getting adjustable control arms , so if anything move just adjust everything.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For now is all good and later thinking getting adjustable control arms , so if anything move just adjust everything.
Glad to hear its all good.

MojitoRubi

First Name
Wayne Kuykendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1947 CJ2A Willy's, 2019 JLUR(On Order)
Glad to hear its all good.
I had that problem before the Synergy Sector shaft brace install. I was hoping it would have fixed it, but not so lucky. I guess now I will change Drag Link and Tie rod.
Sponsored