Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not low in my opinion. Wranglers retain their value more than any other vehicle. When I traded my 8 year old JKU Sahara beginning of year the dealer listed it at the original sticker price, higher than this one.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Not low in my opinion. Wranglers retain their value more than any other vehicle. When I traded my 8 year old JKU Sahara beginning of year the dealer listed it at the original sticker price, higher than this one.
Anything specific I should look for? I’m a little worried about the lift. He is saying it was installed at a shop and it was a “higher level option”.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Me personally I won't buy any used one with a lift or suspension/steering work. No idea if the equipment is good or the installation is good. Too risky for my taste.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Me personally I won't buy any used one with a lift or suspension/steering work. No idea if the equipment is good or the installation is good. Too risky for my taste.
That’s my concern exactly. But we are having a really difficult time tracking anything new down right now.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
That’s my concern exactly. But we are having a really difficult time tracking anything new down right now.
If it's truly a good brand lift and you can inspect it fully before purchase I don't see why you'd have to rule the jeep out unless it looks to have been used hard. It says it's got a rough country lift which isn't a lift many people recommend - it's a budget choice. However if it's just a spacer lift, I wouldn't rule it out if the jeep is otherwise tempting. Just inspect it, try and get them to show you the work order / invoice for the exact aftermarket parts that are installed. An RC 2" spacer lift can be removed in minutes.

Overall though the price seems high but not absurd. It's tough to get a hold of a used JL for a steal these days, value is holding.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
If it's truly a good brand lift and you can inspect it fully before purchase I don't see why you'd have to rule the jeep out unless it looks to have been used hard. It says it's got a rough country lift which isn't a lift many people recommend - it's a budget choice. However if it's just a spacer lift, I wouldn't rule it out if the jeep is otherwise tempting. Just inspect it, try and get them to show you the work order / invoice for the exact aftermarket parts that are installed. An RC 2" spacer lift can be removed in minutes.

Overall though the price seems high but not absurd. It's tough to get a hold of a used JL for a steal these days, value is holding.
I’ve looked into the shop that he claims it was installed by. Seems to be reputable. They do everything from lifts to Line-X. I’m getting the impression that it was more than a budget boost but I don’t know much about the differences.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m getting the impression that it was more than a budget boost but I don’t know much about the differences
Rough County 2.5” lift kit
Jeep Wrangler JL Is this too much? 2793FF79-2B2D-4063-AE30-D64F9EDBC646

If you’re buying used, buy one that is stock and hasn’t been modified.

As an FYI, Consider $10k over 6 years is roughly $140/month or almost $5/day. If you can afford it, maybe look at getting your wife new instead?
Sponsored