JeepJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Moab
So quick update to wind this thread down:

There really hasn't been much out there, and what has been out there are not 'great deals'. I suspect the private market is much better, but I couldn't find any available. I could have waited longer, but my wife and I were down to 1 vehicle, and while it was fine for a short time it was quickly becoming an issue.

I ended up going with Jeep 2, as it was the best 'deal' that I could find currently. They handled all the shipping for me which made it even easier. There were also a couple good surprises that sweetened the deal in the end:
- It came with a stubby antenna. I knew this from the pics I had seen. Clearly worth a cool $9 premium. :)
- it came with adaptive cruise control. I knew this from the pics I had seen. I can't imagine they didn't account for it when they ran the VIN, but it wasn't listed as an option in the post. Jury's still out on whether I like this or not, but it technically did increase the vehicles worth.
- it ended up coming with a premium soft top! Again, not listed in the post, and I didn't know this until I arrived to test drive/buy it. It looks brand new, and might not have ever been used.

Overall, I'm happy with my new-to-me Jeep. I've wanted one for a while, and now I have it. I'm sure I overpaid, but oh well. I did end up getting more for my previous vehicle than I originally thought, so maybe that makes up for it (or at least offsets it).

Thanks again to all who posted!

home.jpg
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

There really hasn't been much out there, and what has been out there are not 'great deals'. I suspect the private market is much better, but I couldn't find any available. I could have waited longer, but my wife and I were down to 1 vehicle, and while it was fine for a short time it was quickly becoming an issue.

I ended up going with Jeep 2, as it was the best 'deal' that I could find currently. They handled all the shipping for me which made it even easier. There were also a couple good surprises that sweetened the deal in the end:
- It came with a stubby antenna. I knew this from the pics I had seen. Clearly worth a cool $9 premium. :)
- it came with adaptive cruise control. I knew this from the pics I had seen. I can't imagine they didn't account for it when they ran the VIN, but it wasn't listed as an option in the post. Jury's still out on whether I like this or not, but it technically did increase the vehicles worth.
- it ended up coming with a premium soft top! Again, not listed in the post, and I didn't know this until I arrived to test drive/buy it. It looks brand new, and might not have ever been used.

Overall, I'm happy with my new-to-me Jeep. I've wanted one for a while, and now I have it. I'm sure I overpaid, but oh well. I did end up getting more for my previous vehicle than I originally thought, so maybe that makes up for it (or at least offsets it).

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab - too much $$? home
Looks great!

Rycam

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Moab Firecracker Red, 2015 Dodge Durango R/T - white, red leather, blacktop pkg (traded), 1995 Mustang GT convertible, Lexus RX350

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab - too much $$? home
Welcome to the club! Looks great! Great score on the premium soft top as well! Get to work building a hoist for your top so it is ready for spring! Congrats!!!
Sponsored