Sponsored

Is there a way to keep the backup camera on?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I went doorless today, and noticed that the wide field of view in the rear camera is a great replacement for side view mirrors(Better than the small motorcycle mirrors I've tried in the past.) I have the Camera in my "dock" but having to hit the button constantly is a pain. I would like to leave it on, until I close it down. Right now it seems to only stay on for a few seconds before going back to the home screen.
Does anyone know if this is possible? I went through the settings quickly, but was unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I went doorless today, and noticed that the wide field of view in the rear camera is a great replacement for side view mirrors(Better than the small motorcycle mirrors I've tried in the past.) I have the Camera in my "dock" but having to hit the button constantly is a pain. I would like to leave it on, until I close it down. Right now it seems to only stay on for a few seconds before going back to the home screen.
Does anyone know if this is possible? I went through the settings quickly, but was unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance!
Only drive in reverse. :cwl:

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I had a weird glitch when my door wasn't closed all the way and I put it in reverse. The camera was stuck on the reverse setting and wouldn't turn off until I turned the Jeep off... Soo... That's one way lol

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Does the 8” screen have anothe input so a forward look camera could be added?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Does the 8” screen have anothe input so a forward look camera could be added?
I don’t believe so. The only way to add an additional camera is with one of those kits like the lockpick or similar that adds an inline sort module that lets you add a front camera, opens up the radio for video in motion as well as frees up the use of navigation touch screen while driving.

Sponsored

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Any update to this? I wish this was possible. Valid point when you lose your doors...

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

Od723

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Thanks in advance!
I have it as an icon on my stereo. I press back up camera icon and it comes on and stays on.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
On my Ram 1500, I had added a DVD player that had RCA inputs, so it was extremely cheap to add a backup camera -- probably $10-15, IIRC. I wired it up so that it could be always on. This allowed me to see anyone coming up behind me at night when I was sitting in the airport parking lot waiting to pick up my wife after a flight or whatever. If I had kept the vehicle, my next mod was going to be installing the same thing to the front of the vehicle so that I could tell how close I was parking in front of another vehicle or obstacle. With the rear camera aimed at the trailer hitch, I could get within inches of another object and not hit it. Just using the side mirrors, I started getting nervous when I got within a foot of the object because of the huge blindspot behind the vehicle.
Sponsored