First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Was anyone else having issues with connectivity with CarPlay before the upgrade? I periodically get ‘kicked out’ (in the middle of a phone call, or podcast). It reverts to the phone not being connected without any changes to what I’m doing. I’ve tried a new cable, and the same thing happens.
Yup. Kicked out and will not connect again until I stop the Jeep for a while, say in a store, and come back out and then it works fine ... 'till it doesn't.

iOS 13 visually and sound wise is pretty awesome so far. Hasn't been long enough for the drop to happen tho.
Sponsored

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Split screen defaults to apple maps, is there a way to use google maps on the split?
if that's the case, i won't be updating anytime soon. apple maps is terrible.

IsResistanceFutile?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Spotify is now fully functional. Prior to iOS 13, Spotify only displayed the first 10 songs or 10 playlists, or occasionally would display only a black screen. Now I have full scrolling through complete lists. I haven’t tested other apps or features but I’m hoping the ear-piercing phone ringer will be gone too. I have the upgraded Alpine with 7 inch display in my 2-door sport.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You’ll be unaffected by upgrading. Split screen is a new feature. You can still use full screen Google Maps or Waze.

Sponsored

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll be unaffected by upgrading. Split screen is a new feature. You can still use full screen Google Maps or Waze.
Waze and Google Maps should support the Dashboard split screen mode pretty soon, from what I understand.

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
iOS 13.1 comes out very soon, possibly today. Not certain whether it adds new features for CarPlay, but I think it may include the Gmaps and Waze..

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
iOS 13.1 comes out very soon, possibly today. Not certain whether it adds new features for CarPlay, but I think it may include the Gmaps and Waze..
I've been running the 13.1 beta for a while and it does not yet.

That said, I would suspect this will be allowed in future releases. The first new major updates never support second party in new application

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara

You wont be able to use those in the split screen but those maps are still available to use just like you did before.

Apple maps is in process of a big facelift too so we'll have to see what happens with that. I'm not a fan of it myself and keep hoping for it to get better.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser

Sponsored

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I like this one for if you're using USB1, since the "lid" or "door" over the access panel lays mostly closed. I Velcro the loose end over my 67Designs mounting arm, and it makes for a pretty easy in/out routine with the phone. I know the exposed USB wire might be irksome to those who love a really "clean" look, but this setup works well for me.

Matt550

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal & 2017 Ford Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Split screen?? Didnt notice it
They're referring to the main screen (far left) of CarPlay. If you upgraded to iOS 13 and you don't have it, then odds are it is because you don't have Apple Maps downloaded on your phone. That's what happened to me, since I use Google Maps.
Sponsored