Sponsored

Integrated offroad camera

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Completely normal behavior. When jeep decided to add the front off-road camera with a washer, they used the same pump and fluid reservoir that was already there for the rear window washer. Therefore, if you activate the read window washer with the right side steering wheel stock, the front camera will also get washed and vice versa.
Pretty sure there is only one reservoir for all nozzles
Sponsored

G1M2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Does the rear wiper activate when cleaning the front camera? The owners manual says nothing about the rear washer getting fluid when the front camera is cleaned.
Wonder if it's a software glitch? I won't know for a week or two if mine does the same. It's still waiting to get shipped.
I’m in the process of buying a new JL Willys and want to add the front camera. Did you order a camera from the dealer? Is it the new wrangler or the camera that you are referring to when you say it hasn’t shipped yet?

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I’m in the process of buying a new JL Willys and want to add the front camera. Did you order a camera from the dealer? Is it the new wrangler or the camera that you are referring to when you say it hasn’t shipped yet?
Actually both. The Wrangler with the camera hasn't shipped yet.
The integrated off-road camera is only available from Jeep in the Sahara models and the Rubicon for 2021.
I was looking at a JLU Willys but besides the off-road camera, the remote-proximity keyless-entry wasn't available. Unless the half doors, for almost 4 grand, were ordered which was more than I wanted to spend for keyless-entry.

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I love that I can wash my front camera, but what about giving the rear camera the same treatment??? I’d love to be able to clean the rear camera on the road.

And yeah, your not alone in thinking it’s weird that the front camera snd rear window washer are tied together. I was totally surprised when I realized that.

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I love that I can wash my front camera, but what about giving the rear camera the same treatment??? I’d love to be able to clean the rear camera on the road.

My washer cleans both front and rear cameras. Its right on the 8.4 screen.