Installing aftermarket steering components...warranty

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Should I have any concerns installing a yeti adjustable track bar? I want to get front end aligned better and beef up the track bar from stock. Possibly a rear track bar eventually as well as rear tires aren’t exactly aligned despite have an alignment done
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattyp1214

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Question is, will I void warranty let’s say if I develop steering issues down the road like death wobble by putting an adjustable on?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Any issues that can possibly be related/caused by the aftermarket part won't be covered any longer with the majority of dealerships.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Dealers are typically weasels and they will use whatever excuse they can to not fix your car.

I took my Jeep in last week for the wandering steering problem (second time). The service guy flat out told me if I put rubicon parts on my Jeep it would void the warranty.

I then complained about a loud whistle coming from the passenger A-pillar. He said that it's probably my aftermarket bumper causing the whistle.

I complained about my U-connect pairing with my iphone. He said that it's Apples fault.

I hate dealer service centers. I hate them with a burning passion.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Absolutely the dealership won’t deal with any steering issue if you’ve replaced OEM steering parts with aftermarket parts. Nor should they. I mean, think about it.

However, if you were to encounter problems you can revert it back to stock and if you’ve still got the issue then take it in for service.

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattyp1214

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Absolutely the dealership won’t deal with any steering issue if you’ve replaced OEM steering parts with aftermarket parts. Nor should they. I mean, think about it.

However, if you were to encounter problems you can revert it back to stock and if you’ve still got the issue then take it in for service.
I like the revert back to stock plan. Thats what I’ll plan on

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I like the revert back to stock plan. Thats what I’ll plan on
If you have a problem and it disappears when you put stock parts back on, you know where the problem lies. If the problem persists, you take it in and see if they can find and correct the underlying cause.
Sponsored