OP
OP
yell03

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hopefully it will quiet down a little after running it for a while. Not sure if that is true with Borla's, but I thought I remember a Magnaflow post where they stated that the packing materials fully heat cycle and quieted down after about 1k miles. Otherwise, it may soon be for sale and back to stock. I live where there are a lot of hills and going up steep grades and it really whines at high RPM's. I like it on the flats though. Thanks for your feedback.
It definitely does not quiet down, sorry to say
Sponsored

OP
OP
yell03

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to hear what your describing. Can you get a vid while driving up hill?
When it kicks down to a lower gear it sounds like a sports car, kind of loud depending how much throttle you give it.

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Trackhawk, AEV Prospector XL, Viper TA2.0, Dodge Demon, etc etc etc...
I put the Borla on mine too. It is loud. Many may like that. I do not with a V6. Reminds me of the V6 mustang with straight pipes taking off from a light making all this noise and going the same speed at the Prius next to him. Fit and Finish is beyond excellent, another A+ from Borla. Removing the suitcase rear muffler, required for wheeling. I will be replacing mine in the near future. Running on 38's I downshift to pass every time and the hills around my place just get it crazy loud. At low RPM it is great, but at higher RPM it is not what I am looking for. I just need to do my Hemi swap and be happy.

shatty

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus NX 250, 2016 Corvette ZO6/ZO7
I still like it.
I have driven may road trips with it and myself, my wife and both dogs have no complaints.
I like fairly loud cars, so maybe going by me is not a good idea.
I run my C7 Z06 on the loudest exhaust mode all the time.
I also have a C7 ZO6. I have the Borla full exhaust on that and I LOVE the way it sounds.

OP
OP
yell03

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a C7 ZO6. I have the Borla full exhaust on that and I LOVE the way it sounds.
Does the Borla sound better than the stock exhaust on the C7Z?
The only thing I don't like is when it goes completely silent, I might just pull fuse 41 or 42.
Sponsored