Sponsored

Insane Audio JL3001 9" HU

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
that looks really cool! But, initial look says those two boxes are $1500. $850 for the receiver and $650 for the PAC. Plus, another $150 if you want off line Navigation. Ouch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Insane Audio JL3001 9" HU 1596045568790
Sponsored

12hefft

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle JL 2020
Just ordered the insane audio HU for my 2020 JL and am debating if I want to run the external mic or not. For any that have already installed, have you had issues with the built in mic on the unit? If you ran the mic how did you go about it and where did you mount?

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I just think for the money you spend on the JL3001 it should come with sat. receiver not an app. This alone will cause me to pass on this unit.

OP
OP
floridawolfman

floridawolfman

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
I’m very satisfied with my JL3001.
Customer Service has been excellent.
Never a problem with the unit, But the answer any questions and assist quickly. Once I sent an email Saturday evening, and got an answer back on Sunday.
Makes the OEM speakers sound great, and the OBD port unit Bluetooth to the head unit let’s you monitor status , and gauges.
Not sure what others needs are, The JL3001
Has everything I need.

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
I've had the head unit since release, pretty pleased with it. I do have some complaints though.

The "just download an app" mentality has been pretty annoying from their customer support when I had issues.
It's performance is varied it seems. Sometimes it runs pretty smooth but others it struggles to load my music from spotify which can be frustrating.
Lastly, and this might just be me, the screen brightness is great during the day but not dim enough at night. It's almost blinding even with the HU brightness turned all the way down. I know I can turn the screen off but it just comes right back on when I adjust the volume.

I have a question for any other owners - Has anyone hooked an amp / subwoofer up to it? I'm a car audio noob and was wondering if it's pretty strait forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
floridawolfman

floridawolfman

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
I've had the head unit since release, pretty pleased with it. I do have some complaints though.

The "just download an app" mentality has been pretty annoying from their customer support when I had issues.
It's performance is varied it seems. Sometimes it runs pretty smooth but others it struggles to load my music from spotify which can be frustrating.
Lastly, and this might just be me, the screen brightness is great during the day but not dim enough at night. It's almost blinding even with the HU brightness turned all the way down. I know I can turn the screen off but it just comes right back on when I adjust the volume.

I have a question for any other owners - Has anyone hooked an amp / subwoofer up to it? I'm a car audio noob and was wondering if it's pretty strait forward.
Support gave me the pin# to access the root menu. I don’t recall if the brightness was adjustable there, but I noticed that also.

I went to the root menu to adjust the startup volume, so the default volume would be lower on startup.

I also changed the frequency level to Orlando 2 in place of the default Orlando 1 (Florida) and I immediately received more stations and stronger reception and sound quality. Most local stations had HD clarity.

If there’s no brightness default in the root menu, maybe they’ll add it for an update

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer

Mendacity

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport

I added MB Quart aftermarket JL designed speaker/ amp package no sub. Sounds awesome with Bluetooth with JL3001 but for some reason sounds muffled when over either carplay or android auto. Wife uses wireless carplay and I use wired android auto. Either way the audio just doesn't compete with the Bluetooth sound even running apps from the head unit itself. I am supposed to get a call tonight from one of their engineers.
Sponsored