First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
I installed this HU about a month ago. &#&@%!+ Amazing. I am not affiliated with Insane Audio whatsoever.
The digital Processor in this completely changes the sound in my 8 oem Sport speakers, which is one of the reasons I bought this model.

I have 3 USB inputs in my glove box, and have 100's of music videos on a flash drive I plug into my oem audio flash drive. I have a flash drive plugged into USB-1 in glove box with several thousand AAC music files.

The "offline" NAV works great. All steering controls work. I cannot sum up into words how great the sound is with the digital processors over my 5" oem radio. Previously oem speakers seemed incapable of full range. Now I have highs, midrange, and sounds like I have an 8" sub with bass, Lots of customization utilizing unlimited apps.
They also have a InsaneTV module available. My 5" oem HU was as low as you can go. Now without changing the speakers, or adding an amp ( I have a 4-channel amp I bought for this setup, but wont be installing it), The sound is spatial, digital, more power.
The bezel looks OEM, and installation was simple and utilizes oem backup cam.
Just wanted to give it a review,
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this HU about a month ago. &#&@%!+ Amazing. I am not affiliated with Insane Audio whatsoever.
The digital Processor in this completely changes the sound in my 8 oem Sport speakers, which is one of the reasons I bought this model.

I have 3 USB inputs in my glove box, and have 100's of music videos on a flash drive I plug into my oem audio flash drive. I have a flash drive plugged into USB-1 in glove box with several thousand AAC music files.

The "offline" NAV works great. All steering controls work. I cannot sum up into words how great the sound is with the digital processors over my 5" oem radio. Previously oem speakers seemed incapable of full range. Now I have highs, midrange, and sounds like I have an 8" sub with bass, Lots of customization utilizing unlimited apps.
They also have a InsaneTV module available. My 5" oem HU was as low as you can go. Now without changing the speakers, or adding an amp ( I have a 4-channel amp I bought for this setup, but wont be installing it), The sound is spatial, digital, more power.
The bezel looks OEM, and installation was simple and utilizes oem backup cam.
Just wanted to give it a review,
Good to know, been looking at that one for mine as well

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Wireless CarPlay? If so I’m sold.

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I emailed insane audio specifically about bluetooth wireless CarPlay - here’s their answer:

Yes, Insane Audio’s JL3001 supports both wired and wireless Apple CarPlay. But we do so much more then that. This should put things in perspective: https://www.insaneaudio.com/PRODUCT_DATA/MARKETING/Apps_By_Platform_Bar_Graph.jpg Your JL3001 supports over 3.8 millions of apps. You can simply turn on your phone's hotspot and you download apps directly to your vehicle. You can have different apps in your vehicle than on your phone and you can use them in different ways. By downloading apps directly to your JL3001 is way better than Apple CarPlay. You can do everything from streaming video with YouTube to satellite imagery with Google Earth to much, much more. The functionality is so much broader than anything else on the market, and it simply crushes Android Auto.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed insane audio specifically about bluetooth wireless CarPlay - here’s their answer:

Yes, Insane Audio’s JL3001 supports both wired and wireless Apple CarPlay. But we do so much more then that. This should put things in perspective: https://www.insaneaudio.com/PRODUCT_DATA/MARKETING/Apps_By_Platform_Bar_Graph.jpg Your JL3001 supports over 3.8 millions of apps. You can simply turn on your phone's hotspot and you download apps directly to your vehicle. You can have different apps in your vehicle than on your phone and you can use them in different ways. By downloading apps directly to your JL3001 is way better than Apple CarPlay. You can do everything from streaming video with YouTube to satellite imagery with Google Earth to much, much more. The functionality is so much broader than anything else on the market, and it simply crushes Android Auto.
Their customer service seems to be trained in trying to convince anyone with feature requests or bug reports that the bug they are reporting or feature they are requesting is unnecessary. I asked about an integrated 4g modem and got nearly the same reply. I don’t want to use my phone for network connectivity and I do want to use wireless CarPlay. I wish they would stop trying to convince me I am wrong and perhaps just look at supporting user requests.

Sponsored

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Their customer service seems to be trained in trying to convince anyone with feature requests or bug reports that the bug they are reporting or feature they are requesting is unnecessary. I asked about an integrated 4g modem and got nearly the same reply. I don’t want to use my phone for network connectivity and I do want to use wireless CarPlay. I wish they would stop trying to convince me I am wrong and perhaps just look at supporting user requests.
So, did you get one? Anyone have an opinion on this vs doing the factory 8.4"? They are basically the same price. The JL3001 seems to have so much more capability than the factory setup. I'm getting one first part of August.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, did you get one? Anyone have an opinion on this vs doing the factory 8.4"? They are basically the same price. The JL3001 seems to have so much more capability than the factory setup. I'm getting one first part of August.
I decided against the jl3001 due to the lack of integrated 4g connectivity and the pervasive reports of flakey wireless CarPlay. I got a wireless CarPlay dongle and am sticking with what I have until the uconnect5 head units come out. Hopefully, there will be an upgrade path.

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Copy that. The timeline to get a uconnect 5 HU is at the earliest this fall - correct? Cost? Hmmm.
Reading thru all the JL3001 forum / tech blogs, using your devices hotspot as the connecting can be hit or miss. Don't think that's a show stopper for me and what I want, but still doing research.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Copy that. The timeline to get a uconnect 5 HU is at the earliest this fall - correct? Cost? Hmmm.
Reading thru all the JL3001 forum / tech blogs, using your devices hotspot as the connecting can be hit or miss. Don't think that's a show stopper for me and what I want, but still doing research.
The simplicity of having integrated 4g is going to make any head unit more reliable and user friendly. That said, there are alternatives to the jl3001 on the market now that seem to be better options. It just sounds like the jl3001 and IA’s customer support may not be ready for prime time just yet.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The simplicity of having integrated 4g is going to make any head unit more reliable and user friendly. That said, there are alternatives to the jl3001 on the market now that seem to be better options. It just sounds like the jl3001 and IA’s customer support may not be ready for prime time just yet.
What would you recommend for alternatives? Serious question as I'm on the market.

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What would you recommend for alternatives? Serious question as I'm on the market.
I am actually waiting at this point. I think there are going to be much better options early next year. There are a few budget android based head units out there as well as some from the major players but at this point I think it is worth waiting even though uconnect4 is less than spectacular.

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Here are some of the HUs that I've researched. All of them are based on the Android operating system (except for the uconnect 4).

Insane Audio JL3001
Seicane
SYD
Linkswell
Octa-Core
SYGAV
uconnect 4 (8.4)

I'm leaning toward the JL3001 for two reasons.
1) Climate controls embedded in the operating system
2) U.S. company (I'm sure not U.S. made...) with solid English speaking tech support that will promptly answer questions.

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Here are some of the HUs that I've researched. All of them are based on the Android operating system (except for the uconnect 4).

Insane Audio JL3001
Seicane
SYD
Linkswell
Octa-Core
SYGAV
uconnect 4 (8.4)

I'm leaning toward the JL3001 for two reasons.
1) Climate controls embedded in the operating system
2) U.S. company (I'm sure not U.S. made...) with solid English speaking tech support that will promptly answer questions.
I am waiting for Stinger to release theirs. Coming in both 8” and 10”. Looks great but not sure when it will be released.