Initial Thoughts on New JL

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hello and welcome. We are all interested to hear your insights about your new JL-good or bad. Thank you :)
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Love ours, no complaints thus far after about 700 miles....Im still getting used to it and the only thing that really pisses me off is that its too cold to drop the top and I cant make up enough reasons to drive it around.

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
OK. Picked up from VA Saturday morning and it was raining, so I didn't really get to go over the top features all that well because I wasn't interested in being wet and cold ;) So, I have only ever driven one Wrangler, a long time ago in a galaxy far away, a 4.0L TJ with a 6spd manual, and 20 year old me LOVED that Jeep but working at McDonalds wasn't going to pay for it. So having nothing but cars since then well, I have little point of reference for how a Jeep should feel. Let me explain my feelings over the last 22 driving hours with this vehicle. It floats, you have to actively pay attention and steer it. It is somewhat loud, the soft top does a great job but you always feel like a window is open somewhere, and at speed in winter you got to crank the heat up cause the top isn't keeping that out. It's tall, it feels like a lifted vehicle, it trundles around and nothing phases it as you effortlessly straddle and roll over small holes, rises, dips, abutments, small children and smart cars. Its fast, from a stop the 3.6 is amazing and the 8spd handles it all. At speed on the highway it runs about 2000 rpm, but hills perplex it as it has to down shift often to maintain. The Premium cloth is amazing, along with the top, very good choices indeed. Everything inside feels so damn nice, its all heavy, clicks solidly into place and is in the right spot. The red dash is perfect, breaks up the tone of the interior and is welcome in its dark and satin finish. So in all? I freaking love this thing! I fell in love and my partner has reason to be jealous for sure XD I had to stop myself on the way home from turing on every dirt road, driving into fields, and short cutting through ditches just because I knew it wouldn't stop this beast of a vehicle!
JLUR1.jpg
JLUR2.jpg
JLUR3.jpg

Ziggurat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sahara
'Beast' was the exact word I was going to use to describe your Rubi, it looks monstrous! Congrats!

OK. Picked up from VA Saturday morning and it was raining, so I didn't really get to go over the top features all that well because I wasn't interested in being wet and cold ;) So, I have only ever driven one Wrangler, a long time ago in a galaxy far away, a 4.0L TJ with a 6spd manual, and 20 year old me LOVED that Jeep but working at McDonalds wasn't going to pay for it. So having nothing but cars since then well, I have little point of reference for how a Jeep should feel. Let me explain my feelings over the last 22 driving hours with this vehicle. It floats, you have to actively pay attention and steer it. It is somewhat loud, the soft top does a great job but you always feel like a window is open somewhere, and at speed in winter you got to crank the heat up cause the top isn't keeping that out. It's tall, it feels like a lifted vehicle, it trundles around and nothing phases it as you effortlessly straddle and roll over small holes, rises, dips, abutments, small children and smart cars. Its fast, from a stop the 3.6 is amazing and the 8spd handles it all. At speed on the highway it runs about 2000 rpm, but hills perplex it as it has to down shift often to maintain. The Premium cloth is amazing, along with the top, very good choices indeed. Everything inside feels so damn nice, its all heavy, clicks solidly into place and is in the right spot. The red dash is perfect, breaks up the tone of the interior and is welcome in its dark and satin finish. So in all? I freaking love this thing! I fell in love and my partner has reason to be jealous for sure XD I had to stop myself on the way home from turing on every dirt road, driving into fields, and short cutting through ditches just because I knew it wouldn't stop this beast of a vehicle!
JLUR1.jpg
JLUR2.jpg
JLUR3.jpg

Sponsored

maccabiNYC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S!!
JLUR1.jpg
JLUR2.jpg
JLUR3.jpg
Incredibly well said!!

maccabiNYC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S!!
Love ours, no complaints thus far after about 700 miles....Im still getting used to it and the only thing that really pisses me off is that its too cold to drop the top and I cant make up enough reasons to drive it around.
Exxxxactly :handsinair:

williamcr

First Name
William Crist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 1993 ZJ(sold), Waiting on 2018 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON (JLJS74 date orded 2/14/18, D1 status 3/1/18, KZ 3/8/18)(shipped 3/19/18) Its home4/6/18
Vehicle Showcase
I am just waiting on mine to get here.

Dawgfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83GMCS15, 2001 Honda Civic Coupe, 2008 Nissan Altima.
I love the vehicle. It is much better riding than I thought it would be. It is quiet inside the cabin, but I got the premium sound system that apparently has noise cancellation. I have a fit and finish issue in that there is a gap in the plastic between my shifter and brake where it wasn't quite snapped together but I will have the dealer deal with that the first time I take it in. It is quick and shifts smoothly. My gas mileage is horrible average about 15.5 MPG but that could be due to my driving and the fact I haven't gone past 5 miles on a freeway in any single drive. The back seats have got good reviews from people who have sat in them. The drivers seat is comfortable and well positioned. The telescoping steering wheel allows me a comfortable set up.

Sponsored

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
67931174-11B7-42E8-BAD3-75B4360FA1F2.jpeg I have put 2000 plus miles on my JLUR in the month I have owned it. My previous vehicle was a 2008 JKUR. The JL is so much better on the road with better handling, pick up and creature comforts. I’ve only had it on some muddy fire roads, but it feels more capable there too with taller tires and more clearance.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
First Wrangler (JLU Sport S)- since this pic was taken I have removed the euro bumper piece with a few more things coming ;)

1K miles in 1 month and I LOVE it! I test drove the JK last year and the JL is leaps and bounds better. The drive is smooth, I have the cloth seats and I actually like them better than the leather that I have had for 10 years prior! Love taking off the panels and top (I have the hard top) and I have ZERO complaints. I go out to the garage and either sit in it or stare at it. I also find places to drive because I just want to drive in it all the time! So happy with this purchase! I was coming from a Mazda CX-5 and this has more than enough pick up, something I find important. I don't think I could drive anything but a Wrangler from this point on!

Good luck to all those waiting, WORTH it!

ZVsZUjJbTUyW6SYtQ7ICyg.jpg
Sponsored