OP

sjmango

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Yukon Denali
I ordered a bare bones 2 door manual ragtop Rubicon on 7/15.....still "gathering parts". Im getting very impatient but its out of my control. I wouldn't be surprised if my order gets cancelled and told I must reorder a 22 and then sit and wait all over again. If that happens I will add the xr package or grab the Willys xr..... Will see but Im still holding on hope I will get my jeep soon.....
I just hope to get some word soon, besides "agree to build"
Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Yes you are impatient. Anything less then 6 months on a factory order is ok in my books from my past experience.
It would not be ok with me during normal times. The way things are right now I would be nervous buying a vehicle. Inexperienced workers and high turnover rate on a production line are not conducive to a well built vehicle.

I purchased a factory custom BYOB (build your own Beta) motorcycle. From the time I made my order until it was delivered to my dealer was less than 6 weeks. And that's coming from Italy.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I ordered a bare bones 2 door manual ragtop Rubicon on 7/15.....still "gathering parts". Im getting very impatient but its out of my control. I wouldn't be surprised if my order gets cancelled and told I must reorder a 22 and then sit and wait all over again. If that happens I will add the xr package or grab the Willys xr..... Will see but Im still holding on hope I will get my jeep soon.....
so going to a 4 dr?

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would not be ok with me during normal times. The way things are right now I would be nervous buying a vehicle. Inexperienced workers and high turnover rate on a production line are not conducive to a well built vehicle.

I purchased a factory custom BYOB (build your own Beta) motorcycle. From the time I made my order until it was delivered to my dealer was less than 6 weeks. And that's coming from Italy.
I remember i ordered a 2004 mazda 3, first year for the redesign. wanted the burnt orange color. They found one that was at the dockyard waiting to be loaded on the boat in Japan. had it 3 months later. 1 month was waiting for it to get from Vancouver to Toronto to dealer.

I ordered a 2016 Chevy ZR2 when they first came out, took 5 months but i was able to track in all online easily. funny thing was it showed up (first one in the province of SK) and I took it out and said nope dont like it and didnt buy it lol

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I ordered a jeep in August and it's now in October and nothing. I have the VIN # but that is it. Has production stopped. Anyone else waiting this long?
I’m at 12 weeks today and mine is sitting at the upfitter waiting on rails and silly grab handles. If I had realized getting that stuff would add a whole extra step, I’d just have went aftermarket, but here we are. I even have “new chip manufacturer tracking” or something like that literally on my build sheet.

The wait seems fine, it’s the lack of communication and information that annoys me. I give them a pass for the delay, but not the poor communication. They can fix that.

For comparison this is my second order. The first included the entire covid factory shutdown, and this one is taking longer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lkey09

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Ordered mine in June...welcome to the club
Same. I ordered mine June 11, vin# assigned in first week of July. Just received word I won’t see it till November and that’s if I’m lucky. Rumor from another salesman friend said possibly January/February!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Midnight_Library

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Kia Forte, Hydro '21 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Librarian
The two links didn't return any information for me until today, when I got the Cryptostickers email(s).

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya those links don't work for me. But that might be because I'm a Canadian order. I know jeep is suppose to be shipped Oct 13th ish. Oh well I'll get the sticker when I get the jeep. I just want to know if they left out the floor mats like I've heard

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Supply chain issues are killing delivery times. My local dealer who usually carries a couple hundred vehicles in stock has 3 wranglers, 2 gladiators, a challenger, and a handful of grand cherokees and rams. That’s it.
This...

The pandemic has slowed down production lines around the world. To make things worse, China is having electricity generation issues.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chinas-power-crunch-begins-weigh-economic-outlook-2021-09-27/

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/08/business/china-coal-power-shortage-climate-intl-hnk/index.html

It is really a difficult time for many manufacturers.

Did I hear someone say demand pull inflation? Is this a good time to be pumping lots of money into the economy? It will be interesting to see what happens next.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Ordered our 2 door Sport Willys Aug 18th......It is now in the shipping process.Expected delivery window is Oct. 20-Nov 2. My old beater died...thank goodness I have my old Harley for transportation.....lol!

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
From everything I've read on here, if you fall in any of the following categories:

Located in Canada
2 door
base Sport model

Then you're in for a wait. Jeep prioritizes the more expensive builds due to the increased profit margin. No, it doesn't mean they WON'T build your order. It just means that other builds have to get done before yours.

I ordered a base Sport JT back in late July. Finally got built this Monday. Be patient and hang in there!

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
This is the thing I find most frustrating...similar builds are being built! I ordered on aug 9 and still gathering parts. I feel like if there's a shortage of chips or rubber or whatever then how can similar jeeps, ordered later, be being built. I think their build priority list is random at this point!
Sponsored