OP

GunnersJL

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubi, 2015 JGC Diesel Overand
Good to know everyone. Mine is with the dealer now, delivery tomorrow. I’ll use it quite a bit for work next week, and will report back.
FYI, I took delivery last Friday. Have since uses the hands free at up to 75 mph. Folks on the other end don’t know I’m driving. Very pleased. This is with the hardtop on.
Sponsored

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
FYI, I took delivery last Friday. Have since uses the hands free at up to 75 mph. Folks on the other end don’t know I’m driving. Very pleased. This is with the hardtop on.
I’ve heard the same comment! Highway, rain, etc, no complaints so far with the hard top on.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've been giving some thought to Dynamat in mine. But apparently, the phone mic doesn't need it.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Works great, use it all the time. Never have to yell or shoot at ther mic. Surprises me that I can even have a call with the windows closed and there one touch open!

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Very interesting. I found this thread looking for solutions to a mic issue I seem to be having. In my hardtop it seems like people can only hear me well when not on the highway. But at highway speeds the background noise is kind of overwhelming over the phone. Reading this it seems I may be the exception rather than the norm.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes, but I have to yell into the mic.

My GMC was so loud with the off-road tires, that I ended up getting a Blue Parrott noise cancelling headset to do any regularly planned calls while on the road. It works very well and is a solution, if not the ideal one. People say they can't even hear the road noise background with the headset.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Works great! Even with the hardtop off I'm able to have a normal conversation. With doors off it's not so good.

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
I've been extremely impressed with the hands free in the Wrangler. I've got a 2022 JLUR XR w/SOT top, and I've driven down the highway with the SOT top open and the windows down @ 70 mph and the mics pick up my voice without yelling. My wife couldn't tell I was driving. Probably the best implementation of hands free I've seen. My 2021 Tacoma is horrible.

Your mileage may vary.
Sponsored