Sponsored

How much do you pay for your Jeep registration?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I just paid my yearly 2021 JLUR vehicle registration in Southern California....$535.
How much is it in your city/state?

7odc8e30uhhexq5iicpwx0wff2yfmjov2rgpbudo8&rid=200w.gif
$7 for the safety inspection for the EcoDiesel in Texas, $73 for state registration. I also give $10 every time to state park fund.
Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Like me you live in Komifornia, so you are screwed no matter what you drive. My F450 is closer to $1000/year and it's a 2008 - and oh by the way, the CARB decided I can't register it anymore in CA because the ~5000 miles a year pollutes too much.
Sounds to me like you need to move to Texas. We need more diesels, you can never have enough diesels!

Diesel1776

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You poor, poor Californian SOBs .....

Here in America, Ohio to be exact ... This is about what I pay:
Jeep Wrangler JL How much do you pay for your Jeep registration? Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09-13-25 Ohio BMV

Jeep Wrangler JL How much do you pay for your Jeep registration? Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09-10-12 Ohio BMV

:flag::jk:

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
It’s just another tax.

We’ve been looking at where to live in retirement, and a big part of the analysis is comparing overall tax burden.

For many years Oregon’s registration fees were less than $60 for two years, but they’ve since jumped sharply. They’re still cheap compared to what I’m seeing here, and we don’t have personal property tax or additional “road use fees”. For most of my lifetime we didn’t have sales tax either, but that changed in 2018 when new vehicles became subject to a .5% “privilege fee” — as in you are “privileged” if you work for a living so you can buy a new vehicle once in a while. More recently, Oregon added corporate business taxes which are being transferred to the consumer…

Every state has a tax system. Oregon gets us with a staggering income tax, but other states, like California and New York, tax everything. Heavily.

I’m a vehicle lover, with several motorcycles and several cars/jeeps/trucks accumulated over time, so I couldn’t afford to live in a state that delivered a heavy annual tax beating based on things I already own. That’s a strange concept.

Oregon believes in punishing people who work hard in order to provide generously for those who choose not to work, so it’s a bad place for success, but it’s pretty tax-friendly for vehicle-people living on a modest retirement income.

If you Google “overall tax burden by state” there’s a lot of information, but a state’s relative placement is based upon assumptions about how income is spent And held. Colorado and Oregon are fairly close in the overall burden charts, but for a vehicle-puppy like me, Colorado‘s state and local taxes, including a sales tax of 10% and heavy personal property taxes, would be crippling. When I did the math on owning a diesel-pusher (RV) in Colorado I almost fell out of my chair.

jdavis106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Liberty (rwd), 2022 JLUW
Insurance on the Jeep 2021 JLU Willys $1244/yr. Coverage $100/$300 with uninsured & underinsured.
What insurance company do you use? That's about 30% less than my uncle in Ormond Beach pays for liability on an 18 year old Liberty. I think he uses State Farm

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
A little over $300 here, but no inspections required. I used to live in Missouri and always dreaded inspections given the jalopies I drove then. Now, I see those jalopies on the road and sometimes wish they had to get inspected... :)

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
What insurance company do you use? That's about 30% less than my uncle in Ormond Beach pays for liability on an 18 year old Liberty. I think he uses State Farm
Florida Farm Bureau. Best insurance company I’ve ever had. Auto & Home bundle.

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
$767

$29 is a state parks pass that is linked to the registration. It’s optional.
I’ve been to two state parks…I won’t be getting it again. 🤣
Jeep Wrangler JL How much do you pay for your Jeep registration? IMG_0158

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
$12 inspection required every 2 year after the first 5. Then we have to pay sales tax when we get our first set of tags. Registration was $54 for 2 years.

BUT, we totally get screwed because we have to pay "personal property" taxes EVERY YEAR based on what the state claims the vehicle is worth.

So the end result is I pay taxes on my money when I make it, then I pay taxes again when I buy the vehicle, then I pay taxes every year forever, until I sell it.

Assuming someone is ignorant enough to actually buy a $128,000 Grand Wagoneer, they will pay close to $12K in taxes and license.

Jeep Wrangler JL How much do you pay for your Jeep registration? 1000029771
Sponsored