Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And those idiots wearing shoes for marathon runs!
Come on. I can do the same marathon with shoes made from the leather of mice that I catch in my back yard! They even come with tails for lacing. Those idiots actually pay for marathon shoes!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What got you to that point? Exploded rear end or ujoint?
I broke two teeth off the pinion gear. I then used the hard top ratchet and 50 star bit to remove the rear drive shaft and drive the Jeep out of the desert.

I was gearing up to drive the Jeep from Yuma Arizona to Michigan as I was finding it difficult to find a shop that was not 12 weeks out to install new rear ring and pinion gears. Last minute a shop came through and got me in two days later.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
And that is my point. Dudes spend thousands on their rigs and this basic vehicle can do the same things. Just find it funny
YEP!

FACT: Rubicon with 3 in lift + Set of 37s Offroad tires like BFG KMs will do Pritchett Canyon, Rubicon, etc, you name the 7+ trail. BUILT rigs with Tens of thousands of $$$$$$$ invested in them break down less than 100 yards from the trailhead, seen it time and time again.

You can add all the mods. upgrades and doo-dah you want and the major factor to be successful is your ability to DRIVE and take advantage of your efforts...THINK Seat Time!

Sponsored

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As much as I wait or need to. I'm retired with a pension and I can't take it with me. My wife also has a 392 Jeep that she is just starting with mods.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hells Revenge and Hells Gate are not a difficult trail. They are rated a 3-6 and what I would recommend as one of the first trails to run on your first visit to Moab. Can they be scary to a new off road....Yes. Are they difficult, no. Hells Gate in not difficult, I think the higher difficulty rating comes from some of the other obstacles other than Hells Gate. Like the Elsuclator and some of the Hot tubs. It is a great trail to learn what a stock Jeep is capable of.
@wibornz
My wife and I will be visiting Utah's national parks in 2024 and will be staying in Moab for a few days. Can our stock Wrangler Sport handle Hells Revenge and Hells Gate? Any other suggestions (novice trails) would be appreciated. Fins & Things? Thx.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@wibornz
My wife and I will be visiting Utah's national parks in 2024 and will be staying in Moab for a few days. Can our stock Wrangler Sport handle Hells Revenge and Hells Gate? Any other suggestions (novice trails) would be appreciated. Fins & Things? Thx.
Yes, if you are new to off roading, it will test you more than it will test the Jeep. If you are not used to steep grades and steep declines, get ready for some odd feeling. Hells Revenge should only be done if you have a knowledge spotter.

evo8904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram/ Wrangler soon
I don’t keep track of my spending on my jeep or any of my cars. I make money and buy stuff. Same with vacations. My wife and I are both RNs, if we need more money we just work an extra shift, fuck a budget lol

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@wibornz
Yes, do Fins & Things first. Don't be an idiot like me and think that it ends at the road. The second part will give you a feel for what Hell's Revenge will be like.

Get the TrailsOffRoad app and it will walk you through these runs. It might take a few minutes to figure out how to get it into follow mode, but it's highly recommended.

You need a knowledgeable spotter to do Hell's Gate. Definitely walk over and watch others before committing. I've been there three times and have never had the right combo of gonads and a good spotter.

A trail cam helps a lot in that area since it's so steep. Expect for someone to be getting out a lot to figure out where the trail goes while your Jeep's nose is pointing skyward.

Blues Fan 30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sahara
When your wife tells you to slow down on buying jeep parts for a little bit to get some other things done first.

200w (1).gif
Sponsored