Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer said 6-8 weeks. Jeep said it’s built about 30 days after it’s ordered if all parts are available, plus shipping time. So 6-8 weeks makes sense.
Sponsored

greenegger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Apparently they're not accepting any hard top orders at the moment (could just be limited to Sport). I'm assuming it's to catch up on a backlog of orders or to prioritize soft tops at the moment.
anyone know how the dual top option is being treated under this?

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on Jan. 25th. Dealer emailed today that it’s shipping on Feb 13th. She said about 2 weeks after ship date they should have it .
Super excited!!!
This is almost as unlikely as can possibly be. More power to you if you get it in less than a month, but no chance.

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I ordered dual top, no issues
Rubicon

I ordered a dual top rubicon on 1/25 and they haven't even started it.. What the hell!! Lol, congratulations!

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
I ordered mine on Jan. 25th. Dealer emailed today that it’s shipping on Feb 13th. She said about 2 weeks after ship date they should have it .
Super excited!!!
Same exact for me, ordered 1/25, order placed by dealer 1/26, currently in their system ESD is 2/13. I'm only a few hours from Toledo, think my dealer gets them all direct on transport, no train, so would only be a few days if that's the case. Now I did Jeep chat yesterday with my VIN, was told I'm in D1 status, so no idea if I might get lucky and the 13th is actually close to accurate.

I ordered dual top, no issues
Rubicon
Same, ordered dual top, and I see other local dealers to me have just started receiving Rubicons with the dual top group. In fact I checked one last night, noticed the top was not installed along the back as it was in my JKU, looked like lots of boxes instead.

JABoyd

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yea I heard the soft top came in a big box. There’s a thread somewhere on here on how to assemble.

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Same exact for me, ordered 1/25, order placed by dealer 1/26, currently in their system ESD is 2/13. I'm only a few hours from Toledo, think my dealer gets them all direct on transport, no train, so would only be a few days if that's the case. Now I did Jeep chat yesterday with my VIN, was told I'm in D1 status, so no idea if I might get lucky and the 13th is actually close to accurate.

Same, ordered dual top, and I see other local dealers to me have just started receiving Rubicons with the dual top group. In fact I checked one last night, noticed the top was not installed along the back as it was in my JKU, looked like lots of boxes instead.

I wonder how they choose which ones get made first? Options packages, transmission choice, color? Mine's a dual top rubicon ordered the same day and I'm in a second week of all the parts have been gathered your build should start soon.

southernfire97

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara
We ordered a JLUR yesterday. We were told 45 days max on build time. We shall see.....

js1911

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7
I wonder how they choose which ones get made first? Options packages, transmission choice, color? Mine's a dual top rubicon ordered the same day and I'm in a second week of all the parts have been gathered your build should start soon.
I just ordered JL and understand that it depends on a lot of factors. If you get the color matching top and fender flares or the steel bumper group, for example, it requires extra stops in the body shop. And color makes a difference. And small things like the all-weather mats or headliner can impact things. All together they are optimizing for the most number of vehicles output per day, not optimizing for any single vehicle nor operating on a first-come-first-serve basis. So it could be that builds that require extra stops (like the Rubicon loaded) counter intuitively go quicker because they are trying to keep those extra stops fully utilized.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Ordered on 1/29.

D1 Status on 2/2 (all parts avail to build). Estimated Ship Date: 2/14.

Building started today, 2/13 (2 wks after ordering)

I'm guessing it takes 2 wks to build and another 2 wks for delivery to AR.

6wks total. What is everyone else seeing?

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Ordered on 1/29.

D1 Status on 2/2 (all parts avail to build). Estimated Ship Date: 2/14.

Building started today, 2/13 (2 wks after ordering)

I'm guessing it takes 2 wks to build and another 2 wks for delivery to AR.

6wks total. What is everyone else seeing?
what did you get? I ordered on 1/25 and still in d1 status (went d1 on 2/2). mostly loaded jlur
silver hard top. didnt upgrade rims, smoker group, or dual top, but everything else I got.

wow, ok just checked and its is being built, g status..thats quick.
Sponsored

Last edited: