Sponsored

How long for a custom order?

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
I've been trying to get info on JL availability from my 3 closest Jeep dealers here in Southern California for about a month and after countless emails and phone calls I'm finally ready to give up, place a custom order, and wait. The dealer told me it takes 15 weeks from placing the order to delivery. Does that seem about right?
Sponsored

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was quoted 6-8 weeks but went to D status within a week. Dealer told me the updated timeline is 5 weeks-ish from order to delivery.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'd just order it. The likelihood of you grabbing a dealer stock JL right now is slim to none. And if you do, you are going to pay a premium for it.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'd just order it. The likelihood of you grabbing a dealer stock JL right now is slim to none. And if you do, you are going to pay a premium for it.
Maybe but I still think there’s wiggle room especially if you have a local dealer you’ve worked with before or that you know and like. But if your willing to wait you can custom order and haggle...it saved me $6000 off msrp and I will get my dream Jeep.

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered my jeep on Saturday. Dealer told me anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. Im thinking more along the line of 8 weeks so I do not get my hopes up. They had a fully loaded rubicon come in so I was able to test drive it, find out what I really wanted and what I could do without. They do have a lot more get up and go than the JK and all the quirks that I did not like about the JK was improved. I am waiting very impatiently for my jeep to arrive!

Sponsored

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
I was quoted 6-8 weeks but went to D status within a week. Dealer told me the updated timeline is 5 weeks-ish from order to delivery.
Where did you order from in the Country? I ordered from a dealership just outside of Chicago on Jan 4th and now, 10 Days later, I still have NOT received a VIN! Should I be concerned?

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Where did you order from in the Country? I ordered from a dealership just outside of Chicago on Jan 4th and now, 10 Days later, I still have NOT received a VIN! Should I be concerned?
I’m in Nashville, TN

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Stuweeks, what dealer did you order from in Nashville?

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just custom ordered a JL Rubicon from Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge in California. Process took about an hour. The estimated wait time for delivery to the dealer is 8 weeks. They currently have nice inventory coming in and available next week but always missed one thing I wanted to have .... so I was figured I waited this long...I can wait 2 more months.

Sponsored

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Stuweeks, what dealer did you order from in Nashville?
I actually ended up ordering in Columbia, TN. Went to Beaman in M-boro, super nice, but couldn't offer enough on my trade. I've done business with Jeep in Columbia before and mentioned the 5% under invoice deal I could get elsewhere (Koon's, but didn't tell them I'd have to drive 8 hours.) I also had a control number from my employer that give me an automatic 1% under invoice, so that's where the negotiation started. In addition, it was the last day of the month. Let me know if you want the sales guys name, he's a cool dude.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
JLWF is tracking orders that were made in October that haven't been built and orders as recently as Dec 29 that are shipping now. So anyone giving an estimate is basing it on how JKs and/or other Jeeps go and...

CDqD1KV.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I actually ended up ordering in Columbia, TN. Went to Beaman in M-boro, super nice, but couldn't offer enough on my trade. I've done business with Jeep in Columbia before and mentioned the 5% under invoice deal I could get elsewhere (Koon's, but didn't tell them I'd have to drive 8 hours.) I also had a control number from my employer that give me an automatic 1% under invoice, so that's where the negotiation started. In addition, it was the last day of the month. Let me know if you want the sales guys name, he's a cool dude.
I talked to Columbia too. I got a feeling that the might get to 5% below. I sent my best price to the sales guy and asked if they could/would match (7.1% below) . I haven't heard back yet.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Stu, I will keep that in mind.... if I have trouble on the numbers I’ll get your sales guys info. Although I’m not opposed to ordering out of state... my last three cars were purchased all out of state.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I ordered mine on 1/13, but have no idea what to expect. Dealer said 6-8 weeks but I think he was pulling that number out of his &$%. I have a VON number, but I have no idea how to track it. How do you know when you get a VIN assigned? Do I just need to keep pestering the dealership?
Sponsored