How fast ?

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
How fast have you gone with the power top open and the side windows out.That would be so bad if it came off at highway speeds . It’s not like the other tops that you can take out the back window . I can’t find anything that says how fast you should go with this top open, I know that it won’t open after 45mph.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How fast have you gone with the power top open and the side windows out.That would be so bad if it came off at highway speeds . It’s not like the other tops that you can take out the back window . I can’t find anything that says how fast you should go with this top open, I know that it won’t open after 45mph.
You're never going to go fast enough to have the top come off at highway speeds. Don't you think FCA/Jeep considered that when designing the power top? Drive it and enjoy it.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sure hope so I know that is the correct answer just checking I would be the one that drives at 75 and the max speed is 70 for the power top and it fly off .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please don’t say that ......no more problems with my Jeep (PLEASE) . I’m still actively working on steering problems I can says that it has gotten better but not fixed, but it is drivable now hopefully this Alignment on Tuesday will tighten it up enough to keep me happy and on the road .

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing happened to me when I had a JK and soft top. I was a new Jeeper and studied this one particular You Tube video that showed how to quickly lower and raise the top. The guy in the video said “don’t worry if you forget to latch the front by the windshield, it’ll just whistle and make wind noise on the highway.” So I decide one day to just lower the top and don’t latch, I’m doing about 65 mph and WHAP like a freakin mouse trap that thing flew open. I was lucky nothing bent or tore. Lesson learned.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha that would totally be me too awesome story I only wish that I could have watched it . I did go 80 today so I think that I’m good but I did catch myself looking back at it praying please don’t break off . I think in the future that I will keep it under 70 when it’s open .

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha that would totally be me too awesome story I only wish that I could have watched it . I did go 80 today so I think that I’m good but I did catch myself looking back at it praying please don’t break off . I think in the future that I will keep it under 70 when it’s open .
Chris, I agree with Jludave. Those side to side rails on the Sky One are pretty sturdy. I don’t believe you can tear off that roof from wind at any speed. He also mentioned FCA had to have tested it. Trust me they did. They don’t want to be replacing $4000 dollar roofs because they’re blowing off.
Sponsored