How far? (Front seat movements)

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
How far do your passenger and driver's side seats move forward when pulling the shoulder tab to get in the backseat? My driver's side goes significantly farther than the passenger side. The base of the passenger side doesn't even clear the doorway. Is this normal?

(I knew I was going to have/ask a lot of questions before getting my Wrangler, but it looks like. I'm going to have plenty now, too!)

Jeep Wrangler JL How far? (Front seat movements) 20230527_075430

Jeep Wrangler JL How far? (Front seat movements) 20230527_074510
Sponsored

Last edited:

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
My passenger moves all the way forward like driver side. Still a pain to get back there but there is at least room you can get a foot in there with out the seat interfering to much.

OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My passenger moves all the way forward like driver side. Still a pain to get back there but there is at least room you can get a foot in there with out the seat interfering to much.
Thank you! It seems like it definitely should. On the sport we had for a few days,. I don't remember the passenger side being any more difficult than the driver's. I'll mess around with it, but I'm a bit gunshy to force anything because of that window piece snapping.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Thank you! It seems like it definitely should. On the sport we had for a few days,. I don't remember the passenger side being any more difficult than the driver's. I'll mess around with it, but I'm a bit gunshy to force anything because of that window piece snapping.
Oh I get it some times we just donā€™t know our own strengths šŸ˜‚.
There is a thread about the seat getting stuck In the front position might want to check that out and see if any tips in there.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
The passenger side should move just a wee further than the driver side. Got that whole steering wheel situation in the way on the drivers side.
Probably have something catching or in the way that's impeding movement, but it should go up much further.

Sponsored

DeathWobbler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Something is definitely inhibiting forward movement of your passenger seat, mine slides much further forward. Good luck!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
How far do your passenger and driver's side seats move forward when pulling the shoulder tab to get in the backseat? My driver's side goes significantly farther than the passenger side.

Never noticed the passenger side being any different, but this is about as far as my driver's side seat will move forward.

Total pain in the ass trying to get myself up and into the rear without any sidesteps or a grab handle back there. Get one foot into the back and jump up only to immediately need to duck under the roof without falling backwards out of the vehicle. Getting back out is only slightly less awkward.

Love my 2-door and knew the rear seating wouldn't be very practical, but never imagined it'd be quite this difficult to get in and out of. Think I'm gonna try a nylon grab handle near the rear of the door, but that'll probably only be another thing in the way.

OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never noticed the passenger side being any different, but this is about as far as my driver's side seat will move forward.

Total pain in the ass trying to get myself up and into the rear without any sidesteps or a grab handle back there. Get one foot into the back and jump up only to immediately need to duck under the roof without falling backwards out of the vehicle. Getting back out is only slightly less awkward.

Love my 2-door and knew the rear seating wouldn't be very practical, but never imagined it'd be quite this difficult to get in and out of. Think I'm gonna try a nylon grab handle near the rear of the door, but that'll probably only be another thing in the way.
I've seen grab handles which attach to the (front seat) headrests. Maybe that would help?
I have one above the driver's door -- I slid it back farther than where I had it initially, and now I don't even notice it while I'm driving. (Although I just ordered new colors -- I bought the ones I did solely because they were the best price, but have quickly realized how prominent they are, especially in photos. And I decided I guess I do care a bit about appearance... haha)

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I've seen grab handles which attach to the (front seat) headrests. Maybe that would help?
I have one above the driver's door -- I slid it back farther than where I had it initially, and now I don't even notice it while I'm driving. (Although I just ordered new colors -- I bought the ones I did solely because they were the best price, but have quickly realized how prominent they are, especially in photos. And I decided I guess I do care a bit about appearance... haha)
That's a smart idea about the headrest handles. Was already looking at the GPCA ones, so it might be worth a try. Though I'm wondering if I'll just be pulling the entire seat back into position while doing that.

Not looking forward to that awkward moment when I need to give a buddy a push on the rear so they can get into the back. Good thing I only like to hang out with one friend at a time and only have a few anyway šŸ˜„

Last edited:

hotsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 2dr
Clubs

How far do your passenger and driver's side seats move forward when pulling the shoulder tab to get in the backseat? My driver's side goes significantly farther than the passenger side. The base of the passenger side doesn't even clear the doorway. Is this normal?

(I knew I was going to have/ask a lot of questions before getting my Wrangler, but it looks like. I'm going to have plenty now, too!)

I have/had the opposite problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've gotten in the backseat a few times. It's not bad at all space and comfort-wise once you get seated. But getting in and out is like an acrobatic act ... and no one would mistake me for an acrobat! :LOL:

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took it to a dealer today -- there was a random seat bolt in the track! The mechanic said all of those bolts were actually in the correct place in the Jeep, too, so a bolt probably got dropped and lost during assembly since it settled into the track.
This is going to make it a lot nicer when having back seat passengers! (Although I didn't have any complaints about it -- except from me -- while it wouldn't move forward enough.)

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Thatā€™s good it was an easy fix but damn for an extra bolt to just be laying around like that hopefully it didnā€™t go any place important lol

OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s good it was an easy fix but damn for an extra bolt to just be laying around like that hopefully it didnā€™t go any place important lol
Right? I'm glad it didn't end up wedged under pedal or something.
At least I didn't have a $250 "bonus bolt" charge on my window sticker. šŸ˜‚

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
That comes first dealer service appointment
Sponsored