jnunes22

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliner is having a 4th of July Sale. You can get 10% off all products by using the discount code JULY.
You can see pictures, videos & pricing at our web site: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
If you have any questions please send us an email at: [email protected]

best regards,
Mark

Yes, I took advantage, even though I also qualify for the Vet discount... Ordering the Lt. Beige to match up with the tan seats, was a hard decision besides that or black, as my Jeep is white, I am sure both will look and perform excellent. Thanks for the discount and Happy Birthday USA (July 4th)....
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
@Dynomite1371 To answer the big question everyone wants answered. Yes it reduces road noise significantly. Yes it does insulate the interior better.
Road noise is not eliminated, but I dont have to yell anymore when talking on the highway. I can now talk at a normal voice, and the kids in the backseat can hear me. Still hear a little noise, but a Jeep goimg 80+ on the highway isnt silent either.
Temp wise. We just had a small 100 heat wave, and getting in was not miserable, and cooled off right away. 1 trick I learned, was point the vents above your head, and it cools off the inside 3x faster.
If my pickup had been sitting in the sun for awhile and had become completely heatsoaked, I would just turn the water hose on and give it a misting until the water quit evaporating very quickly. When I got in the vehicle, it seemed like it made a difference. When water does a phase change, it draws out quite a few BTUs. Turning water to steam results in 970.4 BTUs per lb of water being taken out of the object, whereas just raising the temperature of the water itself by 1 degree F is 1 BTU. Another thing you can do is take a wet rag and wipe down the dash or any other part of the interior that is very hot and let it evaporate.

It would also be possible to use this misting technique on the roof of your house to help with your cooling bills. You just need an irrigation system that can be timed to come on for a lot of short periods of time throughout the day. A feasible solution if you live somewhere that does not have water shortages, but probably not so feasible if you live in California. :)

badgundog

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018, JK 2008
Vehicle Showcase
If my pickup had been sitting in the sun for awhile and had become completely heatsoaked, I would just turn the water hose on and give it a misting until the water quit evaporating very quickly. When I got in the vehicle, it seemed like it made a difference. When water does a phase change, it draws out quite a few BTUs. Turning water to steam results in 970.4 BTUs per lb of water being taken out of the object, whereas just raising the temperature of the water itself by 1 degree F is 1 BTU. Another thing you can do is take a wet rag and wipe down the dash or any other part of the interior that is very hot and let it evaporate.

It would also be possible to use this misting technique on the roof of your house to help with your cooling bills. You just need an irrigation system that can be timed to come on for a lot of short periods of time throughout the day. A feasible solution if you live somewhere that does not have water shortages, but probably not so feasible if you live in California. :)
If you are not an engineer...you missed your calling! Love the detail on heat of vaporization and thermodynamics.

badgundog

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018, JK 2008
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to take a minute to introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members even though I see there has already been a decent amount of talk about us on this forum. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer support. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture.
Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners
If you have any questions please email or give us a call:
[email protected]
714-872-2071
best regards,
Mark
Facebook.jpg
IMG_20180216_175740.jpg

Full Top.jpg

Fronts.jpg
I have purchased this for an 08 JK 2 Door and 18 JLU. At times, my work has me I spending a lot of time sitting in my Jeep. These make a big difference in the Oklahoma summer! After I put them in my JL, I loved it and put them in my son's JK for his BD (which has been his DD for 3 years). His thought on it was "its a quality of life issue" (i.e. I would have spent my own money to put these in if I had known). I also did the sound assassins and they are worth the money if you can afford it. What I noticed first was how much darker it made the interior. I took it to a drive through car wash and the sounds assassins did make a noticeable difference. My bald head could definitely tell a difference when I get in the vehicle.:)

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
If you are not an engineer...you missed your calling! Love the detail on heat of vaporization and thermodynamics.
I am, but in a different field... The basics of heat of vaporization and thermodynamics are things that anyone who lives in a hot climate should understand at least somewhat though. When you live somewhere that is humid and has probably 11 months of summer, you need to learn what works, what doesn't, and why.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Any idea when two-door headliners will be available?

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
I ordered tan Hothead liners. After they arrived, I decided that I would prefer black. I contacted Mark, at Hothead. Not only did he agree to immediately ship out replacement black liners, he also made arrangements for me to return the tan liners. It’s obvious that Mark’s number one priority is customer satisfaction, and he will do whatever it takes to to accommodate his customers. I highly recommend Hothead liners for your new JL.

Sponsored

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
I ordered tan Hothead liners. After they arrived, I decided that I would prefer black. I contacted Mark, at Hothead. Not only did he agree to immediately ship out replacement black liners, he also made arrangements for me to return the tan liners. It’s obvious that Mark’s number one priority is customer satisfaction, and he will do whatever it takes to to accommodate his customers. I highly recommend Hothead liners for your new JL.
Im glad to hear they take care of you. Mine are black, and sometimes I wished they were red to match the color I painted inside the top. But the black works good.
My biggest fear was would they come loose in the high heat ? Well we just had a 116 heat wave, and they are still tight to the top. Very impressed.
But now I have a Safari top. I think the hard top will be off for a few days.

jnunes22

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received my Lt Beige Hothead headliners today, got them installed and here are the pictures. Looks nice, hopefully will help with this Texas heat... :) Thanks to Mark for getting these out right away and shipped.
20180710_182516.jpg

20180710_192557.jpg

20180710_192615.jpg

20180710_192625.jpg

20180710_192636.jpg

20180710_192646.jpg

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Received my Lt Beige Hothead headliners today, got them installed and here are the pictures. Looks nice, hopefully will help with this Texas heat... :) Thanks to Mark for getting these out right away and shipped.
20180710_182516.jpg

20180710_192557.jpg

20180710_192615.jpg

20180710_192625.jpg

20180710_192636.jpg

20180710_192646.jpg
Sure wished my rubber cargo mats looked and stayed attached like that! Might come un-clipped every time I move the seatback.....and they gap along the top...yours look good...did they come from factory already installed?

jnunes22

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure wished my rubber cargo mats looked and stayed attached like that! Might come un-clipped every time I move the seatback.....and they gap along the top...yours look good...did they come from factory already installed?
As far as the weather mats, I installed them. Saw the video here somewhere and followed it, made sure the clips snapped in good, I did get confused with I think 4 of the clips that clip together on the flap part as they wouldn't click and stay on the seat backs. They did look a little different than the others..

Last edited: