Sponsored

Rwspas

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara 4 Door
I have a black exterior on black interior (leather, so it’s blacker than the cloth) and I’m torn between the black hotheads, or the dark gray to offer some contrast? Any opinions? If anyone has pictures of the gray with black interior I’d love to see them!
Sponsored

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Was wondering why pre cut foam is so expensive? and every headliner I have ever had in my jeep falls down when it gets too hot. Arizona temps in the summer are brutal and have yet to find anything that stays stuck on thru the summer here. What type of adhesion testing have you done in high temp climates? what type of foam are you using? I can tell you theirs nothing worse than spending 500 dollars only to have them constantly fall down and you spend your days looking for adhesive that will keep them from falling on your head.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Are there any plans for a two door set?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
3 month review of my Hothead Headliners. In a phrase: Very Effective. They do as promised. Went in easy. I thought I noticed a difference AFTER they went in but perhaps that was wishful thinking. However, I installed a Maximus-3 roof rack where I drilled thru the roof so I had to remove the headliners first. I left the Jeep out in direct sun for 8 hrs on a 100 degree day and still had to pry hard and slow to take them off. Once off, I noticed immediately a larger sound difference. Much louder and heard wind noise. The temporary Yakima rack on the roof sounded like a bass string now. Before, I couldn't hear it. Replacing the panels with custom cut ones around the brackets. Worth every penny.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Was wondering why pre cut foam is so expensive? and every headliner I have ever had in my jeep falls down when it gets too hot. Arizona temps in the summer are brutal and have yet to find anything that stays stuck on thru the summer here. What type of adhesion testing have you done in high temp climates? what type of foam are you using? I can tell you theirs nothing worse than spending 500 dollars only to have them constantly fall down and you spend your days looking for adhesive that will keep them from falling on your head.
Hothead Healines are not just precut foam. Its multiple layers. The outer fabric, foam, wooden backer plywood and radiant repelling foil thats mounted on strong ABS & thin plywood mounting strips with very strong very sticky heavy duty 3m VHB tape. That tape applied correctly is not easy to pull off. I had to remove a panel for a mod I was making. I left it in the hot sun for 8 hrs on a 100 degree day and it still took a lot of force and slow pulling for quite sometime. Not only did I notice a heat difference but all also really noticed a sound difference after I pulled off the panels for the mod.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
3 month review of my Hothead Headliners. In a phrase: Very Effective. They do as promised. Went in easy. I thought I noticed a difference AFTER they went in but perhaps that was wishful thinking. However, I installed a Maximus-3 roof rack where I drilled thru the roof so I had to remove the headliners first. I left the Jeep out in direct sun for 8 hrs on a 100 degree day and still had to pry hard and slow to take them off. Once off, I noticed immediately a larger sound difference. Much louder and heard wind noise. The temporary Yakima rack on the roof sounded like a bass string now. Before, I couldn't hear it. Replacing the panels with custom cut ones around the brackets. Worth every penny.
So did you sand your ceiling? How thick are the headliners? Being 6’5” sucks because I only have about 3-4” to play with up there.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
So did you sand your ceiling? How thick are the headliners? Being 6’5” sucks because I only have about 3-4” to play with up there.
I just sanded where the headliner attaches to the ceiling. See the grey strips. I’d say with mounting strips and liner itself it’s about 5/8ths thick. Max 3/4. See photo.

351637FD-B4A1-491E-8B24-0FCEB7338EBD.jpeg

72064064-40D8-4D8C-BF96-765C3735F5CF.jpeg

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I installed Hothead Headliners in my previous JK, I have the OEM headlines in my JL, I prefer the Hothead Headliners and wish my JL had not come with headliners already installed.

Sponsored

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
We have JL 2 door hard top headliners available for order. Most order ship in 3-4 days.
Call or email with any questions.
[email protected]

regards,

Mark
Hothead Headliners
714-872-2071

JL 2 door smaller.jpg

JL 2 door window smaller.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
SOLD!

Thank you Scott. :like:
I got my headliner and I must say that they are well made. Very well done.

First day impressions are that they do quiet things and make the interior look "finished" as others have already said. 90 degree day today, so we will see how it goes. How long does the "new" take to burn off? The smell is strong at the moment.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners are on sale through Labor Day. Just use the discount code "LABOR" at check out to get 10% off.
If you have any questions just let us know.
Web page link: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
Email: [email protected]
best regards,
Mark
714-872-2071
Sponsored