Sponsored

Highway driving

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport s
Ok trying to decide the best option for helping highway driving. In what order would you purchase or not purchase these items.

- adjustable front track bar
- adjustable front lower control arms
- track bar/ sector shaft brace
- lca geometry brackets
- new shocks

I currently have RC 2.5 lift and want a more comfortable ride. Steering is not as bad as others but still wanders a lot.
Thank you for any input.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Have you had the steel steering box tsb performed? What parts were included with your lift and how long have you been running it?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Do you have any idea what your caster is?
With stock uppers and lowers on a 2.5” lift, it has to be low..

OP
OP
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport s
It’s the cheap budget spacer lift. Caster is low been over a year so don’t remember. About 6-7,000 miles. I asked the dealer about the steering box, trying to get it done while my hinges are fixed for corrosion.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Ok trying to decide the best option for helping highway driving. In what order would you purchase or not purchase these items.

- adjustable front track bar
- adjustable front lower control arms
- track bar/ sector shaft brace
- lca geometry brackets
- new shocks

I currently have RC 2.5 lift and want a more comfortable ride. Steering is not as bad as others but still wanders a lot.
Thank you for any input.
Would also help to know what size and type of tire you are running?

That aside start with shocks either softer or firmer depending on what kind of ride comfort you are looking for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport s
Would also help to know what size and type of tire you are running?

That aside start with shocks either softer or firmer depending on what kind of ride comfort you are looking for.
35x12.5r17 mt mud claw extreme
I was looking at fox or the falcon shocks. Seems like reviews are back and forth. But would like the softer of the two.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
35x12.5r17 mt mud claw extreme
I was looking at fox or the falcon shocks. Seems like reviews are back and forth. But would like the softer of the two.
The 2.1 Falcons are really stiff IMO. I have a set of and also run 35s in “D” load range on my JLUR. I have to run my tire PSI at 30 cold to compensate for the shock stiffness to have a halfway decent ride.

The Falcons are a high quality shock on par with the Fox(which are almost as stiff). You can order them with a “soft setting” or get the adjustable ones. I gambled and did not so now I have to pay twice. I plan on upgrading the rears to adjustable shocks later this year.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
If you’re planning on keeping the 2.5 spacer lift I’d get adjustable lower control arms to get your caster in the 6 range and adjustable front track bar/rear track bar bracket to center the axles.
If you are running stock shocks with extensions you’ll want to upgrade your shocks with a set that is for a 2 1/2 inch lift. I would search out other RC spacer users and see what they are running and get there feedback.
Sponsored