Not open for further replies.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They will have an special edition "all white exterior" with "bloody red interior" and "a special glove won't fit" with top speed limited to 45 mph even on highway, wink wink.
I see what you did there. I will need them to provide the blanket and some orange juice that I can hide behind the front seats.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
The IFS will be nice for those who do casual wheeling and want to retain road manners, assuming Ford plays nice from a warranty perspective. No doubt the 4 door will handle better than the JL given IFS.

You can make IFS competitive for a price, but even then probably not as good as SFA (there are exceptions, KOH comes to mind) if you're speaking pure slow rock crawling with very large obstacles requiring lots of articulation.

Overall, it's a nice offering. Kudos to Ford. I'll keep my JL though! I wouldn't mind having a two door to tool around in... but I'm REALLY hoping they put a 392 hemi in the 2 door and produce it.... guaranteed buying THAT. It'll be like my 5.7 TJ... which I miss every day.
I watched the reveal with my two daughters. My youngest (13) thought it looked terrible and my 15-year old thought it looked like they sanded down a Wrangler until it was smooth and non-distinct.

I am glad there is competition, but I am sticking with my Rubicon. My steering is great and it has been the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I also simply do not like the FJ Cruiser look up to the A pillar. The rear side windows look odd being so narrow. Watching the reveal there a number of times when one of the front tires is off the ground on a minimal difficult trail.

The bigger concern is the absolute disaster Ford is in financially. I give them credit for not taking a bailout in 2008, but $155B in debt and the latest $8B in loans at almost junk rating is worrisome. The Bronco has gone in and out of production and there must be a reason Ford hasn't stuck with it. There are two Ford models that represent their DNA, The F-150 and the Mustang. Every other model has been come and go.

I want them to do well and force FCA to keep improving the Wrangler. I really hope that if Jeep makes improvements to software they will offer an over the air update. I would even pay a nominal fee for some improvements.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
can you imagine how all the paid trolls are busy advertising Ford's new motorized invention , they hope their new Bronco will break the barrier like the Mustang once did , they believe Ford will shine all over the world like it did in the old days

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
They will have an special edition "all white exterior" with "bloody red interior" and "a special glove won't fit" with top speed limited to 45 mph even on highway, wink wink.
I saw the first Easter egg on the new Bronco at the bottom passenger side corner of the front windshield.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 2.20.43 PM.png

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I see what you did there. I will need them to provide the blanket and some orange juice that I can hide behind the front seats.
And a big number 32 on the hood!

I was ready to give it a fair shake and see what they did. Definitely didn't meet the hype of the last 3 years from what I saw.

It won't have death wobble on the way to to the mall at least.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And a big number 32 on the hood!

I was ready to give it a fair shake and see what they did. Definitely didn't meet the hype of the last 3 years from what I saw.

It won't have death wobble on the way to to the mall at least.
I wish you good luck on this new adventure and yes you have made your plans but then on the other hand you won't be driving a Jeep and that's a pain

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I wish you good luck on this new adventure and yes you have made your plans but then on the other hand you won't be driving a Jeep and that's a pain
Do I suck at sarcasm that bad!!!!
Blu bi kong will never be let go!

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I like it a lot. Jeep is going to have to step up their game to keep market share. I don't see myself getting a Bronco. as I have other plans. But Im glad to see Jeep get some competition so they improve their quality.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Why does it seem like the R&D team for the Bronco lived with the JL, found room for improvement and built those into the new Bronco? The layout of the interior is very similar to the JL in my opinion.

In all seriousness, I’m not actually hating the Bronco. I am very happy it’s here and would love to have a spot in my garage for it.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
don't underestimate real power of TV there may be on an info commercial on how to fight Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.