Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-nut-rivet-6511076aa rivnuts I honestly do not remember if you can reuse some of the sport bolts. The bumper I bought came with all the bolts
Thanks. 4 bucks a rivetnut, wow! I wonder if i can get something non mopar from the local parts store or plastic push rivets. Also, Im not sure if the steel skid plate is included in the deal, so can I just use the sport plastic skid? Im getting front and rear rubicon steel bumpers off a 2021 Ruby for 200 bucks. I plan to install them on a JLUW.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not believe you can use the sport skid plate. If your deal does include the skid, I would not try and find a cheaper alternative for the rivnuts. You may be able to pick them up at your local dealership. The way these work is similar to a pop rivet, except you use the bolt to draw in the back of the nut to expand and lock it in the frame. They are expensive, but it is better to do it the right way IMO

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you decide to use the rear bumper, the fender flares will not line up with the bumper. The Rubicon has different flares than the Willys/Sport. I ran it that way for a while, but it drove me nuts and I bought Rubicon flares.

Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I opted for the correct filler panel for covering the frame rails, (not sure when I'll get around to installing a winch).
The filler piece is different than the one that came with your plastic bumper.

20221206_164114.jpg

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
If you decide to use the rear bumper, the fender flares will not line up with the bumper. The Rubicon has different flares than the Willys/Sport. I ran it that way for a while, but it drove me nuts and I bought Rubicon flares.
Do you have any pictures how the rear Ruby bumper looked before you installed rubicon rear flares? The gap or misalignment.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
I opted for the correct filler panel for covering the frame rails, (not sure when I'll get around to installing a winch).
The filler piece is different than the one that came with your plastic bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with Rubicon bumper for Willys 20221206_164114
Do you have the filler part number? Also, did the Rubicon front bumper wires plug right into the existing Willy’s sport ones? From what I read the Rubicon wires are three and sport only has two wires. My willys does have LED lights and fog lights, so does that make a difference?

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I bought a new Rubicon steel bumper. Came loaded with LED fogs. Plugged right in.

This is the filler....

Screenshot_20221206-192658_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Sponsored