Sponsored

Help with pricing on first custom order

RMNP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wranger Sport S
Hello, all!

I'm ready to the pull the trigger on a new custom order. I've never purchased a custom made vehicle before and am unsure of what kind of savings that I can get.

I built a Sahara on the website that comes out to $47,145 + the $1,500 destination fee. My plan was to draft up an email to send to all of the dealerships in the state saying that I was shopping around and wanted X price. I'm aiming for 5% below invoice, but wasn't sure if I could do better (or even do that at all). That's where I'm hoping for your guys' insight!

Addition information... I live in Colorado. I also have a 2014 Wrangler Sport S with 91k miles that I'm planning to trade in (original owner). I had one dealership look at it and estimate between $14-16k, but said it would be on the higher end because it's in great shape.

One additional question - how do I figure out the invoice cost of a new vehicle?

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I wouldn't propose a dollar amount. I would email out exactly what you want and request their best offer back. That should weed out the dealers you will waste your time with playing the numbers games. In my experience, the dealers that offer the best prices on a daily basis and that you see mentioned here on the forum, just give a standard discount and won't haggle.

There is a recommended dealers thread that might have more information on dealers nearby, so somebody may have done some of the legwork for you!

Also, depending on your tax breaks in your state for trade ins, you might do better selling privately. Off the top of my head, $16k seems low for your trade. Check websites like kelly blue book for their instant cash offer, vroom, and carvana. They all offer a buy program that may be more beneficial or offer a better number for negotiations. I sold mine privately and did much better. Only had to ride bike for a few weeks while the new order came in! Enjoy!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Save yourself the headache and time and reach out to a forum friendly dealer. There are only a handful left but they’ll provide you with decent pricing and address your concerns.

Sending out a copy and paste mass email to dealers will largely get you ignored because that’s the start of a process that takes way too long for everyone.

Most sales people want a quick and easy sale as much as their customers want a quick and easy process.
Sponsored