Help with mounting Warn winch

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
Hi I have a 4 door Rubicon with factory steel bumpers that I am trying to install a Warn Zeon 10S winch to. I have read the directions multiple times and watched videos and have not been able to figure out how to install the front 2 bolts that hold the winch to the winch plate. I can get the rear 2 bolts in but the bumper is the way of putting in the front 2 bolts. The only solution I see is to drill into the bottom of bumper but I wanted advice before I do anything else. If anyone has done this install and can tell me how they got these bolts in please let me know.
Sponsored

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4, Jl 2Dr Sport Granite Cyrstal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have the factory steel bumper, try attaching a string to the bolts and fish it up thru the holes. I have used the trick on other bumpers before.

OP
OP

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
Thanks for the reply. I have about 1 inch gap between the bumper and the plate to get a 2 inch bolt through the hole. I can get the start of the threads into the hole but the bolt is at too much of an angle to go in and up.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this. I believe he fits it in.

Good luck.

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I have about 1 inch gap between the bumper and the plate to get a 2 inch bolt through the hole. I can get the start of the threads into the hole but the bolt is at too much of an angle to go in and up.
I have the Warn Elite bumper underneath it are holes covered by plugs that give you access to push up on them and tighten with socket,by any chance are there plugs under yours?

Sponsored

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just remembered something in the winch mounting instructions if your winch mount is 1/4 " or less thick use the 1 1/2" bolts supplied.

OP
OP

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
I will try shorter bolts. I didn't remember any that fit those nuts. It is weird that none of the write-ups talk about this step or any of the videos.

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will try shorter bolts. I didn't remember any that fit those nuts. It is weird that none of the write-ups talk about this step or any of the videos.
They were included with my 10s I put on a few days ago and happen to see in the instruction to check plate thickness

OP
OP

Spastec

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X6M
Thanks I will give it a try. You were able to get them in after the bumper was installed?

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I will give it a try. You were able to get them in after the bumper was installed?
Yes but again I have a warn bumper, mount plate is built in they made sure bolts are accessable
Sponsored