Sponsored

Help with Finding Willys

rojogrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
I am admittedly an ultimate neophyte to this. I have a 2011 4Runner to trade but want to get in a Willys Unlimited. I don’t mind waiting—I am in no rush. I know the chip thing makes timing tough. My local dealer is adding $3K on MSRP making a 2021 Willys $50K.

I am in Alabama. Just crowdsourcing—should I try to find a volume dealer and find one on the lot at a price closer to invoice or at least MSRP, or should I build and try to order 2022?
Sponsored

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am admittedly an ultimate neophyte to this. I have a 2011 4Runner to trade but want to get in a Willys Unlimited. I don’t mind waiting—I am in no rush. I know the chip thing makes timing tough. My local dealer is adding $3K on MSRP making a 2021 Willys $50K.

I am in Alabama. Just crowdsourcing—should I try to find a volume dealer and find one on the lot at a price closer to invoice
there is a hellyella unlimited at the new Woodstock Jeep in Woodstock GA. They just opened 9/1. I have no idea on pricing. But since they just opened pricing might be good.

OP
OP

rojogrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
If you don't mind waiting, I recommend you build. I put in my order on 6/24 and received my Willys on 8/11.

Get what you want.
I see comments that if you use the right dealer, you can get X% below invoice. Is that still a reality? How did you select a dealer? I actually am not all that far from Gupton in TN that is referenced on here a good bit.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
I see comments that if you use the right dealer, you can get X% below invoice. Is that still a reality? How did you select a dealer? I actually am not all that far from Gupton in TN that is referenced on here a good bit.
Had I not bought off the lot, I would have definitely used Gupton. I am in BHM and purchased my 21 Willys from Champion of Decatur. I used the treadlightly discount and purchased locally, mostly b/c I was too impatient to wait. Erik Brown at Champion was great. No BS fees or games, $450 doc fee, 3.5% sales tax, and 0% for 36mos. When I was shopping around, I also talked to McSweeney CDJR in Pell City. Their internet sales guys were pretty easy to deal with too.

Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Look at the recommended dealers on the forum. Tri City Jeep, Eden NC. Gupton Motors just north of Nashville TN. I believe Mall of Georgia in Atlanta also. Those are three off the top of my head within driving distance to you that can get you easy 5-8% under invoice if you custom order.

OP
OP

rojogrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Had I not bought off the lot, I would have definitely used Gupton. I am in BHM and purchased my 21 Willys from Champion of Decatur. I used the treadlightly discount and purchased locally, mostly b/c I was too impatient to wait. Erik Brown at Champion was great. No BS fees or games, $450 doc fee, 3.5% sales tax, and 0% for 36mos. When I was shopping around, I also talked to McSweeney CDJR in Pell City. Their internet sales guys were pretty easy to deal with too.
That’s exactly the kind of information I’m looking for. Thank you so much. That’s a great looking Jeep! I’ll give Champion a look. I’ve been keeping an eye on Hendrick in Hoover, too. I’m betting I end up doing a ‘22 order.

OP
OP

rojogrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Look at the recommended dealers on the forum. Tri City Jeep, Eden NC. Gupton Motors just north of Nashville TN. I believe Mall of Georgia in Atlanta also. Those are three off the top of my head within driving distance to you that can get you easy 5-8% under invoice if you custom order.
Awesome! Thank you!!

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
My MSRP was 47, and I paid 42 (with employee discount). I have a sales guy I have used in MI for a few other sales, and he was great. Might be quite a drive for you though ;).

Good luck!

OP
OP

rojogrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
My MSRP was 47, and I paid 42 (with employee discount). I have a sales guy I have used in MI for a few other sales, and he was great. Might be quite a drive for you though ;).

Good luck!
Nice! On the other hand, my local dealer has one with $47K MSRP and wants $50K…

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero