Help Identify These Parts.

steveomatic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hope someone can help me. I purchased a Smittybilt XRC Gen 1 front bumper for my Jeep JL. Smittybilt makes the Gen 1 and Gen 2 for the JL. The Gen 1 was such a great price I went for it. There are no installation instructions and I cannot locate any on the internet. I get 99% of what to do, however, these were in the box. What are they for?
Thank you!

20190725_080730.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
steveomatic

steveomatic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The brackets are for lights. I still need to find out what the long thing is attached to the bolt for.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
The brackets are for lights. I still need to find out what the long thing is attached to the bolt for.
typically those are for running through a frame. the wire piece is to be able to run it through while still being able to control where it goes instead of trying to use pliers or something else to hold it.

OP
OP
steveomatic

steveomatic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typically those are for running through a frame. the wire piece is to be able to run it through while still being able to control where it goes instead of trying to use pliers or something else to hold it.
Thank you, but is it needed to install the bumper or is it for a winch or something else? Only asking because it came with light brackets that I don't need for installation so I'm not sure where these bolts go with the long wire to help guide it.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Thank you, but is it needed to install the bumper or is it for a winch or something else? Only asking because it came with light brackets that I don't need for installation so I'm not sure where these bolts go with the long wire to help guide it.
I have the Gen 2 and have a box full of items that I didnt need. I was also missing parts though so that sucks.
Sponsored