Help choosing the right Suspension.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
$1400 all in. Minor corrections really. Did not see another kit with as many components/features for comparable cost.
And the cool crate. Don't forget the cool crate!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you know the mopar kit is lacking in so many areas why not start with a better kit to begin with?
I just had the Mopar kit installed. I added geometry brackets, front track bar, and RK isolators. I bought everything during the Independence Day sales.

Mopar kit $900
Geo brackets $99
Track bar $139
RK isolators: $24

$1162 all in.

The kit drives great. Very smooth, tracks straight, handles bumps with comfort etc. Well worth the money.

I have had three RK kits and can say the Mopar kit is a much better ride. The RK kits were stiff, rusted near instantly, and became noisy quickly. These kits were on JKs so RK may have made changes since. I'm basing my opinion on my personal experience.

A couple pluses about the Mopar Lift:

1. Relatively maitenance free
2. Dealership cannot blame issues on the lift kit or try to avoid warranty work
3. Fox shocks specific to the kit

Last edited:

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
No but you're still missing the ability to adjust caster, arguably more important than new track bars. You can get a rock krawler kit for about what you're paying, maybe a little less with your discount, and then add the shocks and REALLY have everything you need. You also would have a kit with components designed to work together rather than something Frankensteined.
I have had RK on other Wranglers in the past to include their long arm TJ kit that was a complete weld on kit and it was AWESOME but...…as you stated I could get the RK for "about what you're paying maybe a little less with your discount, then...…….here it comes......ADD THE SHOCKS! Like I said I am $1400 all in and the lift accomplishes what I needed. With this jeep being NEW I had the discussion with my local Service Manager and will have NO warranty issues IF something arises. Once the warranty is up who knows what will get installed on the bottom side. I do concur the RK stuff is very nice!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just reread what I wrote, and I guess I had a bad day. Sorry.
I didn't mean for it to come off as bad as it did.
Class right there.
Sponsored