Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel not staying on.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
What did everyone come up with? Does anyone have the parts numbers from the invoice? My 2019 JLUR with 37k miles just started having the same problem. Iā€™ve read multiple messages and it seems to all be the same, the module with overheated wiring. It would seem to me that a TSB would be in order based on my limited research and dozens of vehicles exhibiting the same issue. Thanks.
Hey, Ei4115. Our team would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Follow up with us in private message when you get a chance.

Kate
Jeep Cares

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
This happened to me about a month ago, its currently waiting to get the wheel, module, harness and clock spring replaced as they are on order. Some wiring melted as I smelled it before the wheel stopped working. Out of factory warranty, but have max-care so its covered by that at least...I agree with the above posts though, trade it in as that's what Im doing almost as soon as it gets repaired before something else stops working hahaha

Anand saroop singh

First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Mine also steering heat stop working fro last night , it doesnā€™t stay on , getting shutoffs after 2 3 secs and its new 2021 wrangler

Sponsored

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Just happened to me and it is sad to see this is a major problem with way to many people.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just happened to me and it is sad to see this is a major problem with way to many people.
Hi there.

If you continue to experience concerns, we suggest a dealership visit. If you need support while there, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Hi there.

If you continue to experience concerns, we suggest a dealership visit. If you need support while there, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Well after owning 4 wranglers I am sure disappointed after reading all the posts about this issue. Especially seeing that it is a major flaw from practically new and Mopar not willing to assists customers in anyway once out of warranty. Knowing that this issue persists I will be trading my 2020 Sahara in and leaving the Jeep community. My 3 sons all drive Toyota SUV vehicles and I must say over the years have had minimal issues so that is the route that I will be going. Sad isnā€™t it no vehicle is perfect but when a common issue like this is apparent and the manufacturer knows and does not offer any kind assistance especially for the price of these Jeep today it is very sad. I have really enjoyed my wranglers but the saying ā€œItā€™s a Jeep thing ā€œ certainly doesnā€™t apply anymore.

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
Well after owning 4 wranglers I am sure disappointed after reading all the posts about this issue. Especially seeing that it is a major flaw from practically new and Mopar not willing to assists customers in anyway once out of warranty. Knowing that this issue persists I will be trading my 2020 Sahara in and leaving the Jeep community. My 3 sons all drive Toyota SUV vehicles and I must say over the years have had minimal issues so that is the route that I will be going. Sad isnā€™t it no vehicle is perfect but when a common issue like this is apparent and the manufacturer knows and does not offer any kind assistance especially for the price of these Jeep today it is very sad. I have really enjoyed my wranglers but the saying ā€œItā€™s a Jeep thing ā€œ certainly doesnā€™t apply anymore.
The dealer has pretty much been no help to me at all and told me that the part is backordered and will probably not be available. They actually laughed when I told them about all the other people that been having problems. They told me they haven't seen it themselves. I had the guy check on their computer and found out they had another jeep in with the same issue that same month. This is a small dealership and they still acted weird to me.

Sponsored

mattmcq

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
My heated steering wheel has the same issue. Light goes on and then turns off after a second or 2. Brutal. I went last winter without getting this looked at and finally got it in for a quote. $1700+ to replace the steering wheel due to melted wiring. Iā€™ve got a 2018 JL Sahara with 60k miles. Canā€™t believe how widespread this issue is and thereā€™s no bulletin or Jeep fix. I can buy a lot of gloves for $2k. But really want the upgrade I originally paid for to work appropriately.

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
My 2020 just turned 60k miles.... of course, just in time for cold weather, the heated steering wheel quit working...

Has anyone tried to fix it?

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My 2020 just turned 60k miles.... of course, just in time for cold weather, the heated steering wheel quit working...

Has anyone tried to fix it?
Mine went at about 30,000 miles on my 2020 JLUR but luckily was covered under warranty. Not sure on price and hoping I donā€™t ever have to find out.
Sponsored