Sponsored

Heated steering wheel won’t stay on

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
It’s a new platform. It’ll be a few years before the guys in the service bay will know what “common issues/fixes” are. The good news is folks on the forum who read about these solutions can share the information if something like this happens to them. Competency takes time...
Not being thorough enough to find a disconnected wire is incompetent. Wires have been in vehicles for close to 100yrs now. A newly redesigned vehicle isn’t an excuse. The dealer shot the parts cannon at the issue.

Competence is gained through experience. Hiring and retaining experienced personnel costs money. Dealerships are a low cost operation all the while charging a premium hourly labor rate and selling high margin OEM parts. I’d be 100% ok paying the premium rate and an arm and a leg on parts if I knew they, dealerships, retained seasoned and competent technicians. But they don’t.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Not being thorough enough to find a disconnected wire is incompetent. Wires have been in vehicles for close to 100yrs now. A newly redesigned vehicle isn’t an excuse. The dealer shot the parts cannon at the issue.

Competence is gained through experience. Hiring and retaining experienced personnel costs money. Dealerships are a low cost operation all the while charging a premium hourly labor rate and selling high margin OEM parts. I’d be 100% ok paying the premium rate and an arm and a leg on parts if I knew they, dealerships, retained seasoned and competent technicians. But they don’t.
Wow, you must be a perfect human. I bow to your superiority.

B1g7hund3r

First Name
Senthil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I am having the exact same issue now. I live in MN and this happened during the polar vortex cold snap we had last week. My steering wheel heat won't stay on ever since. When I push the button, the light turns off in 2-3 secs. No heat. Is this a fuse or a wiring issue?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Took in my 1991 eagle talon ( biggest pos i have ever owned) to the dealer due to an erratic idle back in 1996. The rpms would go up and down constantly. They come back and tell me it will be $600 but they are not sure if it will fix the problem...what?...lol.

I work in the trades and can't imagine telling one of my clients that. So yeah, a lot of techs are incompentent as hell.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I am having the exact same issue now. I live in MN and this happened during the polar vortex cold snap we had last week. My steering wheel heat won't stay on ever since. When I push the button, the light turns off in 2-3 secs. No heat. Is this a fuse or a wiring issue?
Yes. Most likely.
Sponsored