Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
I'm of the school of thought that says that Headliners really cut their teeth on abating heat.

Most seem to agree--I think.

Can someone speak to a brand that really reduced noise--not that my rig is so noisy or that I didn't buy it with my eyes wide open to the fact that a Wrangler isn't a Town car.

Thanks.
Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I'm of the school of thought that says that Headliners really cut their teeth on abating heat.

Most seem to agree--I think.

Can someone speak to a brand that really reduced noise--not that my rig is so noisy or that I didn't buy it with my eyes wide open to the fact that a Wrangler isn't a Town car.

Thanks.
I believe Hotheads has a sound-deadening option.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
I believe Hotheads has a sound-deadening option.
I hear ya @AMG and was aware, thanks.:)

The issue for me is just how effective is its, or other vendors noise deadening properties.

Wfd1244

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
I got the Hot Heads with the sound assassin strips. I did notice a much better regulation of temperature in the cab! Kept it cooler in the summer, and now it seams to keep it fairly warm in the winter. However, even with the sound assasin strips I didn’t notice any change in road noise.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also have the hothead liners with the sound assassin strips. It made a noticeable difference immediately.

As was previously stated, it won't make it all of a sudden silent, as it's a Wrangler and it will be a bit noisier than any other vehicle, but I had my JLUR stock for a few months before getting the headliners, and noticed a difference after I installed the headliners.

Sponsored

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I got the headliner option straight from the factory and was blown away at how much more quiet the ride is but I was coming from an 04 TJ Rubicon which had a horribly thin hardtop so anything would have sounded more quiet than that ;)

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Another vote for hotheads and sound assassin strips. Put them in my JK and the even the Mrs said how much quieter it was inside and the sound system was better. We also got the panels for the sides of the hardtop.

For our JLUR we ordered the factory panels. Mmmm, wonder if they come with the sides or will they need to be ordered fm Hotheads?

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Hot Heads comes in different colors. Factory are different colors, as long as it's Black. Less road noise with less aggressive tire tread.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Boom Mat for me.... Just released the JL foam mats.... have them in my JK and just installed in my JL. I think they do a better job with absorbing sound and heat/cool.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I installed the Hotheads & Sound Assassin Strips just before a long 700 mile drive. What a difference! I've the Alpine system and music seems so much "richer." Highway speed seems less noisy. It's winter in Wisconsin, so no input on how well it'll keep my head from cooking. I also had to install on a cold day, so be sure to watch the video on how to deal with cold temperatures while installing them.
Sponsored