Headlight and Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Pull straight out, and pull hard. Make damn sure you pulled all the plastics rivets out of the top first, but that’s all there is holding it on.
Thanks so much! There were two clips holding the mesh grille insert to the Jeep also. I don't remember anyone mentioning these. I had to pop these two by hand.

Screenshot_20190430-171249_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190430-171108_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Did the Beamtech swap this morning...well, the passenger side. Did the driver side last night, as I could get my hand in there...popped the grill out this morning for the passenger side. With one of each last night, the difference was apparent. The Beamtech is much brighter with a clear cutoff line for the beams...seemed to be in the same line as the halogen for height...I will check it out at night and see if I need to dial them down lower with the adjustment. Still seems odd that the grill has to come off just to change a bulb...but it wasn't bad...just a little worrisome to pull the bottom clips loose, as you hope it releases before something breaks.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Fast forward to 7:05 to see the Supernova V.4 bulbs in the halogen housings. Even sharper cut-off than the CrystaLux bulbs I showed earlier in this thread! LED bulb tech continues to get better. These things are amazing, and I haven't even made adjustments to the aim yet to dial them in. VERY impressed.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just swapped in Beamtech H13s, the 8K lumens with passive cooling. Difference is pretty big, but unfortunately, living in AK, it’ll be a little while before it gets dark enough to really put them to use. Looks awesome, cutoff is sharp and appears to be in the same spot as the factory halogens (at least on the wall).

I didn’t remove the grill. The driver’s side had plenty of room (JLUR with V6), and for the passenger side, I pulled out the air box which has two bolts and “sticks” in a mount on the bottom. Once out, I had tons of room. My winch actually touches the grill, so I didn’t want to go there. The bulb and wires all fit back in the headlight can and allowed me to reinstall the dust cap. Pretty simple overall.

9EF7A648-E2A8-4BD4-8F2E-0BBBA2193760.jpeg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
I just swapped in Beamtech H13s, the 8K lumens with passive cooling. Difference is pretty big, but unfortunately, living in AK, it’ll be a little while before it gets dark enough to really put them to use. Looks awesome, cutoff is sharp and appears to be in the same spot as the factory halogens (at least on the wall).

I didn’t remove the grill. The driver’s side had plenty of room (JLUR with V6), and for the passenger side, I pulled out the air box which has two bolts and “sticks” in a mount on the bottom. Once out, I had tons of room. My winch actually touches the grill, so I didn’t want to go there. The bulb and wires all fit back in the headlight can and allowed me to reinstall the dust cap. Pretty simple overall.

9EF7A648-E2A8-4BD4-8F2E-0BBBA2193760.jpeg
what kinda beer is required for this install?

Also did anybody do a write up of removing the fog lights?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
do fog lights blind oncoming cars if used in no-fog situation? or do they shine more so down?
The ones in this video I posted have a very sharp upper cutoff, and they're brighter than the stock halogen headlights. H U G E difference driving on a dark roadway with these. Best upgrade I've done to the Jeep hands down. Even better than the headlight upgrade.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Where did you purchase the fog bulbs from? Looking to add some to mine as well.
headlightrevolution.com

Those guys also have some excellent YouTube videos showing the difference between cheap bulbs and quality bulbs.

jthake

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Ultimate Altitude
I just did this install following their new YouTube video that does not require removing the grille. Just remove the air box with two bolts and good . Too me ten minutes on that side and five minutes on driver side.

Difference is amazing. The standard lights are so bad.

Here is difference with one changed. From cut off perspective this doesn't seem to be an issue.

Head lamps

Fogs (little bit more work 5 bolts under wheel arch)

IMG_20190902_200930.jpg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Last night, I took the airbox out to access the passenger side light. For the record, you can remove the grille MUCH faster and easier and have ease of access to both lights. Doing it the way Headlight Revolution shows is actually more time consuming and more difficult.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
we've gone back and forth over at the gladiator forum about putting LED or HID bulbs in a halogen reflector housing and that it supposedly blinds oncoming traffic, if you look at this photo, there is like no light above the cutoff line, it is black.
upload_2019-9-4_12-2-29.png

But if you look at this one, you do see white above the line, so does that mean you are blinding oncoming traffic?

upload_2019-9-4_14-31-42.png

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Added the Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 Headlights and Fog-lights. Took me about 45mins total. Pain in the ass trying to remove the screws for the fogs but definitely doable.

E2FA1FFC-1D86-414C-8116-8E535ABB1921.jpeg

E76EB920-3F0B-4E29-968F-419D7470BC5C.jpeg
Sponsored