Sponsored

Headlight and Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Tygerman76

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2018 Mini Cooper S Hardtop, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Went with the bulbs below from Amazon, no flicker or warning lights. Big difference from halogens and the canbus unit fits with the dustcap replaced.

Trueland
4.4 out of 5 stars 392Reviews
H13 9008 LED Headlight Bulbs
Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Last night, I took the airbox out to access the passenger side light. For the record, you can remove the grille MUCH faster and easier and have ease of access to both lights. Doing it the way Headlight Revolution shows is actually more time consuming and more difficult.
I just did the upgrade to S-V.4s, and after starting down the path of replacing from behind the grill, ans starting with the side that HR-Rev didn't show (the drivers side), I decided I better try the grill removal process, and I agree... much easier.
The S-V.4s are really bright, and an easy install (if you don't try it from behind the grill). ;)

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
From all the information I've seen, headlight bulb replacement on the 4 cylinder turbo requires grill removal. However, on the v6 it can be done with/without requiring the grill be removed.

I replaced my stock halogen bulbs with Leds on my v6 without removing the grill. It was very simple and quick along as you don't mind temporarily removing the airbox (5 min). I don't know why someone would prefer removing the grill to install bulbs on a v6 unless they don't know how or personal preference for some other reason.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is a 30 second process to remove the grille so it is no big deal.

Of course you know the halogen housing does not provide the proper photometrics for LED bulbs causing glare and scatter but I'm sure you will convince yourself that they are perfect.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do some research done by photometric engineers not seat of the pants guys. Without proper reflector design no aftermarket bulb can work well. Like I said though you'll convince yourself they are great.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Tell you what, show your photometric measurements of how they work just fine and not your eyeball measurement. Look it up yourself. Go to Google and type "why don't car manufacturers put cheap LED bulbs in halogen reflectors".
Sponsored