Having issues post Magnuson

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Good morning, below is the email sent to the shop that installed my Maggie. I am in the mountains trying to enjoy the jeep. Only have limited coverage and on my phone so please forgive any typos. Those of you in the know, would appreciate your insight before I take it back in. All Temps and pressures were good. I changed tire size with a Tazer mini and removed it after sc install. Thanks
felt like past experiences. Granted those were camaros and vettes. This put some load on the motor and had quite an elevation change.

Hopefully the balance of the trip goes ok and I get home fine. I will call you next week providing I make it back. If not you may here from me sooner.
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Good morning, below is the email sent to the shop that installed my Maggie. I am in the mountains trying to enjoy the jeep. Only have limited coverage and on my phone so please forgive any typos. Those of you in the know, would appreciate your insight before I take it back in. All Temps and pressures were good. I changed tire size with a Tazer mini and removed it after sc install. Thanks
felt like past experiences. Granted those were camaros and vettes. This put some load on the motor and had quite an elevation change.

Hopefully the balance of the trip goes ok and I get home fine. I will call you next week providing I make it back. If not you may here from me sooner.
Can’t see the email

OP
OP

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Well it looks like pasting my email didn't work. Long story short, I had some surging under boost going up the Sierras, then when I stopped at a rest area and restarted the jeep while hot, it went through the start up process and died. This happened multiple times. I found that if I gave it gas while going through the start up sequence it would start and run fine. It also starts and runs fine when old. It seems to hold gears for a long time, but that might be normal? This is the first time with extended miles or elevation since the sc was installed.

Maybe unrelated but lost my cruise control and electronic stability on the way up, but both were fine after a restart.

Jeep seems to run fine, covered some tough ground, but the starting issue persists when warm, and when under hard accusation it feels like I dump boost. Sorry writing this on phone and have fat fingers and bad eyes.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Ps. All Temps and pressures fine, premium fuel, only thing done after tune was adjust tire size

OP
OP

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Updating with additional information. First let me say, having this problem while on the road for a week long mountain adventure we disconcerting at the least, and I may have let my type A kick a little bit into gear making me very unpleasant to be around (just as my bride) and it was our anniversary celebration.

Well, after talking with my installation shop and Magnuson, it appears that my hot start issue is a know issue for Magnuson, but not present on all installs. So a quick trip (I hope) back to the shop, a little reprogramming, and I should be good to go. Hopefully can do this on my own and save the two hour round trip drive, but if that is the worst that come out of it, I can deal with it.

TBR Garage and Magnuson were great at communicating, letting me enjoy the trip and have some fun with the Jeep.

I don't know what cause the ESS warning or the cruise control to kick out, but it has been fine since.

I wish I had made this run before putting on the SC, but climbing over 6500 ft, with 35's and stock 3.45 gearing, I could still bull and accelerate with no issue.
Sponsored