c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The high for the next two day is -13F here in Northern Indiana. I dont even want to know what the low is going to be. The only time I regret not getting a auto transmission. I paid for the cold weather package but remote start is not available in the manual Jeeps. Ugh.. Stay warm guys!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
$500 will get you an aftermarket option. Iā€™m considering it, but the things warms up so fast I donā€™t know that itā€™s worth it.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Yeah, of a number of reasons I traded out of my JK with a manual transmission and ordered my JL with remote start. On the plus side, as OldGuyNewJeep mentioned, it does warm up pretty quick once you start driving it so at least that's a plus.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Honestly, that was one of the things I was worried about when I got mine because i had remote start with my explorer. I haven't missed it so far. It warms up really fast so not an issue. It hasn't been a big deal yet and we've had a few close to zero days.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Donā€™t have the temperature problems you have. I have remote start and never use it. Maybe this summer for the AC?

Sponsored

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If I wasn't able to park my Jeep in my garage each night, I would have went with the automatic vs my manual for this reason too... not having to defrost in the AM is so nice. I could never park my truck in my garage so it was always snow covered and a pain to clear off in those winter mornings.

SunnyBuck1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2017 Honda CRV
If I wasn't able to park my Jeep in my garage each night, I would have went with the automatic vs my manual for this reason too... not having to defrost in the AM is so nice. I could never park my truck in my garage so it was always snow covered and a pain to clear off in those winter mornings.
Agree with you completely. I got the cold weather package with the heated seats and steering wheel and the hard top for the winter, all of which make a huge difference.

When it's that cold out, I put the jeep and the brass monkeys in the garage.

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
We had ordered our JLUR with the cold weather package because we go to Colorado every summer and it gets cold up in the mountains. It gets pretty cold in FL in Jan & Feb as well. Unfortunately when our order was placed last year was when Jeep was having delivery issues and nobody could tell us when ours would be delivered so we cancelled and bought one off the lot that had everything except the cold weather package. The remote start is invaluable in the hot weather. With the AC set to auto it helps cool down quicker. (gotta love that jet engine simulation too!)

Angrygecko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Ordered a manual since I enjoy driving - got an auto in the RAM and some days I could just take a nap on the road its so boring

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a manual since I enjoy driving - got an auto in the RAM and some days I could just take a nap on the road its so boring
Maybe you'll get lucky and have one of those jeeps with steering problems... no napping with one of those! ;)

Seriously though... I've rowed my own for enough years that the auto is a welcome. Or maybe I'm just getting old..

Angrygecko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Maybe you'll get lucky and have one of those jeeps with steering problems... no napping with one of those! ;)

Seriously though... I've rowed my own for enough years that the auto is a welcome. Or maybe I'm just getting old..
Oh we shall see - Still waiting on it to show up at the dealer - plus have to drop the truck off for oil and fuel filters....probably will look at steer smart once I get done with Rockkrawler....$$$$$
Sponsored