1. c20040215

c20040215 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Leon
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Sport S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    The high for the next two day is -13F here in Northern Indiana. I dont even want to know what the low is going to be. The only time I regret not getting a auto transmission. I paid for the cold weather package but remote start is not available in the manual Jeeps. Ugh.. Stay warm guys!

2. OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
    Liked:
    $500 will get you an aftermarket option. I’m considering it, but the things warms up so fast I don’t know that it’s worth it.

3. kkuntz01

kkuntz01 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
    Liked:
    Yeah, of a number of reasons I traded out of my JK with a manual transmission and ordered my JL with remote start. On the plus side, as OldGuyNewJeep mentioned, it does warm up pretty quick once you start driving it so at least that's a plus.

4. LLRubylady

LLRubylady Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lisa
    Vehicle(s):
    ‘18 Rubicon Mojito!
    Liked:
    Honestly, that was one of the things I was worried about when I got mine because i had remote start with my explorer. I haven't missed it so far. It warms up really fast so not an issue. It hasn't been a big deal yet and we've had a few close to zero days.

5. Jondrew

Jondrew Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Don’t have the temperature problems you have. I have remote start and never use it. Maybe this summer for the AC?

6. Birchrun

Birchrun Active Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport
    Liked:
    If I wasn't able to park my Jeep in my garage each night, I would have went with the automatic vs my manual for this reason too... not having to defrost in the AM is so nice. I could never park my truck in my garage so it was always snow covered and a pain to clear off in those winter mornings.

JohnAinVA likes this.
  7. SunnyBuck1981

SunnyBuck1981 Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL, 2005 Ford Explorer, 2017 Honda CRV
    Liked:
    Agree with you completely. I got the cold weather package with the heated seats and steering wheel and the hard top for the winter, all of which make a huge difference.

When it's that cold out, I put the jeep and the brass monkeys in the garage.

8. bilcol81

bilcol81 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
    Liked:
    We had ordered our JLUR with the cold weather package because we go to Colorado every summer and it gets cold up in the mountains. It gets pretty cold in FL in Jan & Feb as well. Unfortunately when our order was placed last year was when Jeep was having delivery issues and nobody could tell us when ours would be delivered so we cancelled and bought one off the lot that had everything except the cold weather package. The remote start is invaluable in the hot weather. With the AC set to auto it helps cool down quicker. (gotta love that jet engine simulation too!)

9. Angrygecko

Angrygecko Active Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR Mojito
    Liked:
    Ordered a manual since I enjoy driving - got an auto in the RAM and some days I could just take a nap on the road its so boring

10. TJ2018

TJ2018 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Maybe you'll get lucky and have one of those jeeps with steering problems... no napping with one of those! ;)

Seriously though... I've rowed my own for enough years that the auto is a welcome. Or maybe I'm just getting old..

11. Angrygecko

Angrygecko Active Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR Mojito
    Liked:
    Oh we shall see - Still waiting on it to show up at the dealer - plus have to drop the truck off for oil and fuel filters....probably will look at steer smart once I get done with Rockkrawler....$$$$$

TJ2018 likes this.