Sponsored

Hardtop headliner

Hardtop headliner. Actually worth it? Make a difference?

• Total voters

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
HI,
I posted the below paragraphs below on another thread about why have a headliner. I thought it kind of applied here too.
We will be offering those small three panels on our web site soon. No price yet as I don't know what the matching fabric will cost.
Previous post:
I do believe the main reason that Jeep owners put in headliners is because of the heat that radiates down from the hard top. I believe that because heat was the original reason we made our headliners and because our sale increase so much in the summer. Once the outside temp hits the low 90s (if your Jeep is in the sun) your hard top hits about 170 which radiates directly onto your head. If you have plenty of hair up there you may not notice with your air turned on full, but once your hair starts thinning you will experience a hot head which is where we got our name. Headliners also help insulate against cold, quite road noise, make your stereo sound better & look much better that a bare hard top.
I do believe all the headliners on the market will make a noticeable difference in all the areas I mentioned. I also realize that headliners are not an accessory that everyone would want, but if you are curious about them take a look at our web site or give me a call. We have pictures & videos that the constructions & installation.
My direct number is below. If you have any questions (even if it's just how we justify our prices) give me a call.
Web site link: Hothead Headliners
best regards,
Mark
714-872-2071

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
HI,
I posted the below paragraphs below on another thread about why have a headliner. I thought it kind of applied here too.
We will be offering those small three panels on our web site soon. No price yet as I don't know what the matching fabric will cost.
Previous post:
I do believe the main reason that Jeep owners put in headliners is because of the heat that radiates down from the hard top. I believe that because heat was the original reason we made our headliners and because our sale increase so much in the summer. Once the outside temp hits the low 90s (if your Jeep is in the sun) your hard top hits about 170 which radiates directly onto your head. If you have plenty of hair up there you may not notice with your air turned on full, but once your hair starts thinning you will experience a hot head which is where we got our name. Headliners also help insulate against cold, quite road noise, make your stereo sound better & look much better that a bare hard top.
I do believe all the headliners on the market will make a noticeable difference in all the areas I mentioned. I also realize that headliners are not an accessory that everyone would want, but if you are curious about them take a look at our web site or give me a call. We have pictures & videos that the constructions & installation.
My direct number is below. If you have any questions (even if it's just how we justify our prices) give me a call.
best regards,
Mark
714-872-2071
If you match the fabric and the price is right, I'll order those three small middle pieces. Thank you for offering that!

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Anyone know the part number for the Mopar Headliners?

Sponsored

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Anyone know the part number for the Mopar Headliners?
+1. I've yet to see a part number for the Mopar headliner that is specific to the JL. Anyone?

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I put the headliner in more for temperature insulation than sound. I went ahead and got the hothead liners for my JL in dark grey which was a perfect color for my Billet Silver Rubicon. I also got the sound assassin strips to help with road noise. It worked for both temperature and sound, and I like the feel (kind of like a thin memory foam feel). One of the main reasons I decided not to get the MOPAR headliner is because people have commented it is is like plain carpet. The hothead is more like what you would expect from a headliner in any other vehicle, except it has some insulation in it.

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I just ordered the hothead headliners as well... the video on their site really shows the difference. Much better than the mopar and easier to install

Jordon_Taylor

First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
+1. I've yet to see a part number for the Mopar headliner that is specific to the JL. Anyone?
I was provided with some part numbers (provided below), but I was unable to find them on MOPAR website. This as a couple months ago and I haven't checked them lately.

Here's the conversation I had with MOPAR Customer Assistance.

Me:
Hello, I am unable to find the part numbers provided for me when I type them in to
the MOPAR website. Left side part number #6cd51tx7ad Right side part
number #6cd50tx7ad Rear #6cd69tx7ad

MOPAR:
Thank you for your reply back.

I am terribly sorry, the parts department gave me the part numbers for
the factory parts. According to my specifying department, there is no
accesssory kit available for that headliner yet.

Please check in again at Mopar.com as we frequently continue to add new
accessories and parts.

Again, I do apologize for the mix-up.

Thanks again for contacting Mopar.

Sincerely,

Jody

Customer Service Representative
Mopar Customer Assistance

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes the hot head one really does make a difference compared to the factory one. If you watch the video and hothead Headliners website you can see the difference between the two. But when you think about it someone with a soft top doesn't have it and we never had any the JK's all those years and never needed it now it's something they want to sell to us

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Hothead is running 10% off right now with discount code “MEMORIAL”. I just ordered a complete set.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
How do these headliners (hothead & mopar) attach to the hard top? glue, tape, velcro?

There's a "Foam Factory" shop near my house with all kinds of foam. I bought & cut foam to fit the recessed parts of the hard top. I then added a thinner layer of foam over the entire rear area. I used 3M spray adhesive, but the panels fell after a few hours. (Jeep was in hot sun)

Any ideas to adhere the dense foam to the hard top?

IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I think they're both held on with 3M double sided tape.

csuviper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
HI,
Previous post:
best regards,
Mark
714-872-2071

Waiting for the update with the 3 pieces in the middle.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My JKU didn't have one but my JLUR does. Not sure how much of it is because of the other redesigns and new materials but my wife and I both have noticed a difference. I will also say we have had 80's and 90's here in WA the last week and the areas not covered by the headliner radiate a ton more heat than those that are covered.

That being said I lived for years with my JKU without it but its nice that it was already on my JL
Sponsored