Harbor Freight Electric Hoist Question

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Never owned an electric hoist, and I picked up one from harbor freight last night. The question is about the rope block (weighted red stopper) and the spring seen in the attached picture. On the box it appears that the block is held stationary at the top of the rope. In the box picture you cannot see the spring at all, so it seems to me that I should somehow put the spring inside the small hole in the stopper, but I don't want to break it, and there is nothing in the instructions that I can see on how to accomplish this. Assistance would be appreciated.

PXL_20211013_014400307.jpg
Sponsored

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
The block and spring are for a straight pull. The picture you are showing is for a double pull to increase capacity. You wouldn't want the spring getting in the way for that kind of pull.

OP
OP
fasho

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
The block and spring are for a straight pull. The picture you are showing is for a double pull to increase capacity. You wouldn't want the spring getting in the way for that kind of pull.
So what makes the stopper defy gravity as seen in the picture? I plan on setting it up for a double pull just to be on the safe side.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Could be staged.
I will have to look at mine when I get home tonight.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
So what makes the stopper defy gravity as seen in the picture? I plan on setting it up for a double pull just to be on the safe side.
In the picture they have a metal clamp on the wire holding the red disk up.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Would this work for hoisting a bed rack + RTT? Total weight is around 200 lbs. I see it fits within the rating, but wasn't sure on folks opinions given Harbor Freight.

Not sure what it means by double pull.

OP
OP
fasho

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Would this work for hoisting a bed rack + RTT? Total weight is around 200 lbs. I see it fits within the rating, but wasn't sure on folks opinions given Harbor Freight.

Not sure what it means by double pull.
The double pull refers to taking the clamp and mounting it to the top of the winch, and installing the pully clamp. That's how you get the strength for 440 lbs vs 220.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Electric Hoist Question 1634145007571

All the reviews I have read about this hoist have been fairly good. as long as you are within the weight requirements you should be good. They have another hoist that is only slightly more expensive, but doubles your load to 880 lbs I believe when you set up like this for a "double pull".

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The double pull refers to taking the clamp and mounting it to the top of the winch, and installing the pully clamp. That's how you get the strength for 440 lbs vs 220.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Electric Hoist Question 1634145007571

All the reviews I have read about this hoist have been fairly good. as long as you are within the weight requirements you should be good. They have another hoist that is only slightly more expensive, but doubles your load to 880 lbs I believe when you set up like this for a "double pull".
Thanks !! Makes sense.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I've also heard good things about Harbor Freight's hoists, but also see the recommendation often that you back it up with some ratchet straps.

So use the hoist to do the lifting and get it held up where you want it stored, but then add ratchet straps to take the continuous load off the hoist.
Sponsored