First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Retired
Well we are getting a blizzard here in upstate New York, So I had to be at work this morning at 6:30 took off in the Willys at 5:30 for my 25 mile commute in the snow. Im impressed so far drove in 4 High got to work no problems at all. Boss said go back home weather is too bad to work today. So i even drove a co worker home who has a lesser vehicle ( chevy ) lol. Willys was great in the snow even with the mud tires and I was getting 20.4 mpg showing on dash ! my last jeep 2015 Willys was also a beast but never got this kind of mileage ! :)
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I'm glad your happy with your new Willy's. They are amazing Jeeps. Sometimes I regret not getting a Rubicon for the lockers, but every time I see all the red accents on the Rubicon's I'm glad I went with the Willy's. I love the "blacked" out look of the Willy's and I get a lot of compliments from people. Very sharp looking Jeeps.

Your gas mileage will improve. Mine started out at around 22 MPG, then as the engine broke in I slowly crept up to around 28 MPG. I'm back down to around 25-26, due to the winter blends.

The tires are great!!! Not really sure why people on these forums think they do poorly in snow. I've had really good luck with mine and I live in an area where you get a good amount of snow.

One more thing...….Don't forget to change out the rear diff oil at around 5,000 miles, then again at around 10,000, then every 10,000 miles after that. This sounds crazy, but this is how I've been doing mine.

The LSD rear end has major issues and your oil will look like black tar after the break-in is done. The good news is Dana made it really easy to change out the oil and it only takes a few minutes to do. I use Royal Purple Synthetic with Friction Modifier already added in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granite Willys

Granite Willys

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Retired
I'm glad your happy with your new Willy's. They are amazing Jeeps. Sometimes I regret not getting a Rubicon for the lockers, but every time I see all the red accents on the Rubicon's I'm glad I went with the Willy's. I love the "blacked" out look of the Willy's and I get a lot of compliments from people. Very sharp looking Jeeps.

Your gas mileage will improve. Mine started out at around 22 MPG, then as the engine broke in I slowly crept up to around 28 MPG. I'm back down to around 25-26, due to the winter blends.

The tires are great!!! Not really sure why people on these forums think they do poorly in snow. I've had really good luck with mine and I live in an area where you get a good amount of snow.

Wow i think I'd shit myself if a Jeep got 28 mpg. We will see ive only got 1400 miles on it so far !

Ridgerunner542

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
42 Ford GPW, 12 4Runner, 16 VW Sportwagen
I could never understand this myself, then again a lot of things I read on here I just shake my head and laugh. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of good info on this forum.
Sponsored