Sponsored

Handle / lanyard / pull for rear window?

Kirk-and-Mary

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My wife is only 4’11” and she has problems closing the tailgate window. she has to grab it on the side, and when it closes swiftly it often catches and pinched her fingers. Does anyone have a good suggestion on some form of handle / lanyard / pull that I could install to make this easier for her?

- Kirk, asking for Mary
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You're close enough to Canada that hockey sticks should be easy to find. Toss one in the back and use it to "grab" the window. Not the most high tech thing in the world, but saves her fingers.

You could also consider a hitch step. Then she could step up to grab the glass and simply step down as she's closing it.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Haven't seen anyone do this, there's not alot of attachment points on that glass. Maybe some kind off hoop attached with a high bond glue or 3M VHB tape, you could tie a braided piece of paracord to it.

Last edited:

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is only 4’11” and she has problems closing the tailgate window. she has to grab it on the side, and when it closes swiftly it often catches and pinched her fingers. Does anyone have a good suggestion on some form of handle / lanyard / pull that I could install to make this easier for her?

- Kirk, asking for Mary
My GF same height and complains about that all the time..... I was thinking about some paracord to attach, I just want it to be easy when closing the tailgate.

Sponsored

Mimmy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk

- Kirk, asking for Mary
I am vertically challenged also at 4’ 11…were you able to come up with something? Hoping for a short girl fix😄